Guardian Angel stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter canadianlife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI and God bless

Thankyou God for his most wonderful gift of my guardian angel

anyway this happend about 2 years ago

I have a large powerful motorcycle.
I was riding home behind a slow driver. I was less than a kilometre from home when we approcahed a right hand bend.
The car in front signalled to turn right (remember in Australia we drive in the left lane) into what I presumed was their driveway.
As they slowed I went to pass on their left between them and the metal armco barrier. Just as I went to do this i heard very clearly “Paul No!”
I was struck by the directness and gentleness of this. I understood it was just a suggestion and it was my decision to take that advice or not. I had no idea at the time who could have said this as there was no one around and to hear something so clear inside my helmet and above the engine noise. In both my confusion and amazement I decided not to pass the car but to stay behind and wait till it turned right into the driveway. JUST as i did that the car suddenly turned to the left into a driveway just beyond teh armco barrier. If I had have tried to pass them I would have had to crash into them and or the armco barrier.
The thing is it all seemed perfectly natural to hear this voice. I tried to rationalise this later but I know for certain it was my beaitiful God sent guardian angel.
Thankyou so much.

Paul
 
I have a story that happened to me about 2 weeks ago.

I was driving on the freeway to the mall on day, going about 70 MPH. I was in the slow lane and this pickup truck with a whole bunch of gardening tools went to pass me on my left side and all of a sudden I heard this voice in my head tell me “the wheelbarrow is going to fly out the back of that truck”…I was very confused because this voice just popped into my head out of nowhere. I slowed my car down alot because I was so confused about what had happened and about 10 seconds the pickup truck must have hit a bump in the road and bounced because the wheelbarrow did end up flying out the back and fortunatly I had slowed down enough to where i could safely swerve onto the shoulder lane and avoid it crashing into my car.

I had my 3 year old son with me that day and I shudder to think what would have happened to us if a 50 pound wheelbarrow came crashing through my windshield going 70 MPH.:eek:

I praised God and my guardian angel the rest of the day!
 
I was running around and around and old abandoned hospital parking lot because it was the only area available and a huge lot.
I couldn’t go all the way around as it ended behind the hospital and I had to turn around and go the other way. Area was quite deserted, and no one around.
As I started back in that area on one of my loops, all of a sudden it felt like I ran into an invisiable wall. Just came to a screeching halt.
Weird! Started running again and it felt like someone was holding onto my shirt-tail. Finally, I thought, time to quit.
As I was heading back to the motel where we were staying, an old, beat-up car with three pretty shady looking guys in it came from behind that area. :eek: Gave me the you know what kind of finger, and roared down the road.
 
I was sleeping one night as a child and I dreamed a man was looking in the window at me. I felt like someone was trying to wake me up. I looked up. Exactly as I’d dreamed it, a man was staring at me. His mouth popped open and his eyes opened wide. I crept to my GM and said, “There’s a man outside looking at me.” She questioned me until she knew it was a stranger and was real, and called the police. I described him. They caught him based on my description. They’d been looking for him.
A few years later as a runaway I was sleeping about two a.m. ad heard a voice – definitely real, not part of a dream: “Wake up. There’s someone in your room.” (I was doing work-trade for a room in a midtown apt. then) I woke up and there was a man staring at me, that time right in front of my bed. His eyes were huge and he trembled. I screamed at him to get out. He whimpered something about someone having said I wanted some company. I screamed at him and he finally fled. Thank you!:angel1: :knight2:
 
What a story! Please give us part 2 🙂 Was that the end? Sounds like you have more to tell about this extraordinary event.
I don’t believe it is a coincidence that this thread has been revived after two years. I haven’t posted here in a very long time. I have been searching.

Part 2? Well, a lot has happened. My daughter says the Our Father every night at bedtime while holding the statue given to us that day. She has made tremendous strides physically and her mother (ME!) is currently in RCIA classes. Even more amazing, my husband, who was raised anti-Catholic, attends Sunday mass with us.

I hope to complete the Journey Home this spring.
 
you know, I love Guardian Angel stories, but when I was twenty, they caused me a lot of pain.

My fiance’s 13 year old brother died in a freak accident. He was hit by a piece of shrapnel–homemade fireworks (yes, gunpowder). I couldn’t understand why his guardian angel didn’t push him aside. At that time, angel stories were really popular.

I lost my faith in a personal God and became a deist until several years later when God called me back in a big way. I think when we tell these beautiful stories, we should be careful to let those with immature faith know that it is God’s Will working in all of this.

now, I have a better understanding of God’s permissive Will, but whenever I hear a story like these, something in me still wonders why that person and not this other.

Sorry to be a bummer, but I wondered if anybody else ever felt that way. 😦
 
I don’t believe it is a coincidence that this thread has been revived after two years. I haven’t posted here in a very long time. I have been searching.

Part 2? Well, a lot has happened. My daughter says the Our Father every night at bedtime while holding the statue given to us that day. She has made tremendous strides physically and her mother (ME!) is currently in RCIA classes. Even more amazing, my husband, who was raised anti-Catholic, attends Sunday mass with us.

I hope to complete the Journey Home this spring.
That was a lovely story! And welcome HOME!

Hope that you could visit the Shrine again soon. There is a new Lourdes Grotto that has been built and it is beautiful, down behind the castle where the gift shop is located.

I am curious if this woman was wearing all maroon clothing? Including a head covering? Or could you even describe her at all?

God bless! Dana
 
She was not wearing a head covering. She was dressed casually from what I can remember. My dad was convinced after hearing the story that she is not a real person but an angel.

I would love to go back. I have not been in a long time because we now live several hours away, instead of just an hour. I miss it!
 
When I was 6 years old, in 1954, my parents divorced and my father never paid any child support–we were pretty destitute. One day a man came to the door and told my mother that he had not eaten that day and could she spare some food? My mother had no spare food, but she had about a quarter’s worth of change in her purse. She thought “At least we have a place to sleep tonight” and gave the man the money. The man took the money, walked off the porch and down the sidewalk and just disappeared. My mother ran from window to window looking for him, but he was gone, and she could not figure out how that was possible.

The very next day she got a check in the mail for back child support–my father’s wages had been docked. From that time forward she never lacked the necessities of life. We never had any luxuries, but we never were in that destitute position again. God always took care of us. My mother firmly believes (and I do too) that the “man” was an angel, and that incident was a major test of her faith in her life. She is a very generous person, but God always outdoes our generosity.

I too have had some very strange things happen while driving my car which prevented me from being very seriously injured or killed in accidents. One time I was driving on a country road with my 2 children in the backseat and I had a rear tire blowout and lost control of the car. Something seemed to pick my car up and it landed in a cornfield on the other side of the road, and we were barely jarred! These were the days before child restraints and seatbelts and no one was even thrown forward. A man and his wife lived in a house trailer on the property and came running out to us and were amazed. They let me use the phone and my husband came to get us and had the car towed. It was a miracle, I am sure.

I do believe in guardian angels:)
 
HI Everyone,

Well it took all my nerve for me to write this because I do not want anyone to think I am crazy.
Code:
My husband died in October 2008 at the age of 46.  I have two daughters ages 9 and 10. I do not have to tell you how difficult this has been for us.  Since his death, I have felt him around us.

The Caylee Anthony mystery has captured my attention since the beginning.  She went "missing" and her mother did not ever report this.  Her Grandmother reported it 31 days later.  The police had physical evidence in the mothers trunk that the baby was already with god.  The whole family has lied and covered this terrible crime.  It was so bad, they were claiming sitings of a deceased child. This went on for six months.

 I could not take their lies, they were just trying to create doubt.  My husband was a Harbor Officer and saved many lives and solved many crimes.  I prayed to God, Jesus, the Blessed Mother and my husband to make one shred of "hard evidence" to show itself for the police.  The next day the babies remains were found 15 houses away from the family home.  The area had been searched 3 times before.  

You deceide if this is a coincidence??????????
 The man who found the remains was a water meter reader, who recently lost his wife to cancer.  He was the same age as my husband,,,,46.  Both men involved with water.  The area had been covered in water.


I have left out some details because I did not want to bore everyone.  If you have any questions please ask.

I believe God is responsible for this child finally being able to have a place to rest.

Praise be to God
May he bless all of us

   Stephanie
 
I don’t think you are crazy - your story gave me chills. I am so glad that the child was found, finally.

May you and your family have peace.
 
HI Everyone,

Well it took all my nerve for me to write this because I do not want anyone to think I am crazy.

My husband died in October 2008 at the age of 46. I have two daughters ages 9 and 10. I do not have to tell you how difficult this has been for us. Since his death, I have felt him around us.

The Caylee Anthony mystery has captured my attention since the beginning. She went “missing” and her mother did not ever report this. Her Grandmother reported it 31 days later. The police had physical evidence in the mothers trunk that the baby was already with god. The whole family has lied and covered this terrible crime. It was so bad, they were claiming sitings of a deceased child. This went on for six months.

I could not take their lies, they were just trying to create doubt. My husband was a Harbor Officer and saved many lives and solved many crimes. I prayed to God, Jesus, the Blessed Mother and my husband to make one shred of “hard evidence” to show itself for the police. The next day the babies remains were found 15 houses away from the family home. The area had been searched 3 times before.

You deceide if this is a coincidence???
The man who found the remains was a water meter reader, who recently lost his wife to cancer. He was the same age as my husband,46. Both men involved with water. The area had been covered in water.

I have left out some details because I did not want to bore everyone. If you have any questions please ask.

I believe God is responsible for this child finally being able to have a place to rest.

Praise be to God
May he bless all of us

Stephanie
You are definitely not crazy. 😉 I’ve been closely following that heartbreaking story also and praying so hard for her to be found. It is truly a miracle!!! I’d love to hear more details.

Btw, I’m very sorry for your loss. It is one of my greatest fears, I can’t even imagine losing my husband. I’ll be praying for you and your family.
 
🙂 Hi Masondoggy,
Thank you for your prayers…they are really needed.
Code:
I want to say first and foremost that I credit God with this miraculous discovery, and all things in life.
I have been praying for this child the entire time I have known about the case. My husbands passing was during this time. I had never thought to address my husband with my prayers as well as god, jesus the blessed mother and the holy spirit. My husband had always said as a joke put a flower on my (his)grave…ironic now? At the end of the prayer on December 10th I added …please gary help this little girl to have a spot for people to leave a flower and pray for her. Before this I had asked god please produce substantial evidence that the baby was with god. The grandparents had gotten me so upset that I also included that anyone responsible in helping cover this crime or mislead the authorites on this case be brought to justice…Yes I do pray in run ons lol.

I have since prayed for Casey to confess and ask god to help her. I’m not too sure on this one, because being a human being with faults I was not able to ask god to forgive her. I just do not feel it is my place. I hope she does confess, although I am personally not sure it will help her.

On Dec 11th the remains were found
Currently the granparents and the uncle all have attorneys. The grandparents are looking for immunity.
The uncles attorney did a press conference and called the uncles niece his daughter…a slip or the truth???

What a warped case this has been from the beginning.

We all have guardian angels with us all the time…We just need to ask for help when we need it.
 
Thank you alsligh. We need all the prayers at this difficult time

I am so grateful Caylee was found as well.
 
🙂 What a warped case this has been from the beginning.
Yes it has been warped. It just really affected me in a personal way. I guess because I’m a mom of little ones and I just cannot grasp somebody going out partying and getting tattoo’s when something happens to their little one. I. don’t. get. it.

My babies bring me so much joy in my life and it just breaks my heart that little girl didn’t have that kind of love from her mommy. And darnit, every time they play that video of her singing for her grandpa…:crying:

Casey most certainly needs prayer. Maybe this thread would be a good place to remember to pray to HER guardian angel.
 
I don’t know if the woman who helped me was a guardian angel, but I like to think so.

As a boy, I used to leave the black plastic cover on our pool and swim underneith it. One day I was swimming alone and thought I would try to hold my breath across the length of the pool and all the way back. But when I ran out of air I stood up right in the center of the pool and the black plastic wrapped around me. The plastic was right against my skin and I barely pulled a breathing pocket away from my face (because plastic wrapped around my hand when I reached up and it was very slippery). And when I let it go of it, breathing in sucked it right back to my face.

So, I was pulling the plastic away from my face with one hand and try to lift the plastic up with my other hand but it just wrapped around my hand when I lifted up. I walked to the edge of the pool but still couldn’t pull the plastic off. I was afraid to go back underneith the water (to try and get out that way) incase I lost my breathing pocket, so I just stood there for awhile. I started getting lightheaded from breathing the same air and I knew I was going to pass out soon if I didn’t do something.

All of a sudden I heard a voice that said “do you need help” and I said “yes.” The next thing I knew this lady pulled the plastic off of me and I was able to breath again. I said “thank you” and she said “you are welcome.” Then she gave me this big smile and just like that she walked away and went into our neighbors house.

I’ve always wondered if the neighbors had visitors that day, and I wish I had gone and knocked on the door after catching my breath. I think she was an angel but if she wasn’t, I definately believe God prompted her to go outside and help me.

Praise God
 
I don’t really have any stories linked to guardian angels, but I’ve had moments of dodging some serious danger and who knows how many moments of getting out of very nasty situations or avoiding bad things. Less than two years ago, I was walking out of a tutoring session with a Latin student of mine. It was shortly after a painful break up after 1.5 years with a girl who had been one of my best friends for some 2.5 years before (and the break-up happened as her decision on Friday 2nd Feb., after her bringing it up on Monday, which was the day after the Sunday when I asked God to make the relationship healthy or split us apart but put an end to the problems that were eating it). I didn’t notice a car coming fast in a tiny street I was crossing on foot. My student said she saw me getting hit and more (probably properly mangled), but I wasn’t hit at all, just disoriented. I don’t know how it happened, I might have had a “white-out” or maybe not, but I wasn’t reacting consciously. Afterward, I thought it wasn’t my time yet. This sounds a bit like some of the things that happened to the other posters.

And before, when I was about 10 or 11, I fell down with a badly attached ladder in a mountain shrine. Probably some three to four metres distance, I was smaller, so it’s not reliable, There were sharp stones around the altar, edge facing up. I got away with a bleeding nose and a scratched leg, wondering how come I didn’t get my fingers chopped off (I still held the ladder).

None of the events have I linked to my guardian angel. My intuition has always been more in the direction of the prayers of my family for me (especially the grandmother), with a strong intuition (again) that it had to do with Our Lady’s care.

I’m rather convinced some of the people we meet in very specific circumstances might be angels, but I’d be skeptical in making conclusions about a single specific persons. After all, it might as well be our own and that person’s guardian angels talking, not an angel showing up a s human. 😉 I’ve had such encounters too, to the point of getting “scared” - not as fear really, but rather something strange going on. People showing up in strange moments, talking about strange things, referencing things few people know about, which had significance to me that no one knew about, even having names instantly alluding to something in my mind. Actually, mostly thinking about a single event here, but I’m not sure I should be talking about it.
 
This is an entirely true account of an incident that happened to me about 8 years ago. i live in ireland and i had family returning home to ireland from u.s.a
they really enjoyed their stay, then came the morning for them to return to the u.s.a their flight was for 9 00 am in the morning and as the airport they were leavin from was in Dublin a distance of about 150 miles from where i live in Derry we had to set off about 3 00 am
There was about 12 of our family heading back to u.s.a so we used three cars. I was driving the middle car when we were about 20 miles outside dublin for some reason i must have closed my eyes momentarily and fell asleep when all of a sudden i was woken by a loud thud on the windscreen and a bird caught in the window wipers i woke to discover i was veering diagonally across the road heading towards a clump of trees, i had just enough time to slow down and steer car straight and pull over to side of road. all the other passengers in my car had also been dozing. When i pulled over one of the other cars in our group pulled up behind me saying they thought we were all goners as i was travelling about 60 mph when it happened
In all the years id been driving and all the years since i have never had a bird even fly in front of my windscreen let alone hit it and get caught up in he wipers, incidentally this occured about 5 am when birds dont normally be flying around.
Surely this is an amazing guardian angel story
 
I can say this, that the angels are always happy when a person prays the Chaplet of St. Michael. I cannot recommend it enough, and it is a way to say a small ‘thank you’, to the angels who have taken care of you throughout your life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top