Guardian Angel stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter canadianlife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canadianlife

Guest
Anyone here have any cool/interesting stories about their guardian angel or others? Would be interesting to hear them!
 
When I was 18 or so, I was driving down a busy street. I was paying attention, but for some reason I drifted toward the center lane. I don’t know why, I just felt like it (I know this sounds crazy). All of a sudden I notice a car I’m just driving by which was parked on the side of the street. The driver had his drivers side door all the way open, leaning halfway in the car, butt out. You know how people do that sometimes. Well If I had been in the proper place in my lane I would have hit her. Whether it was her guardian angel or mine that day, I don’t know. I know it was someones.
 
well I once darted off ahead alone on a trail like a dumb teenager and got lost. It took me four days of wandering through the forest to find my way out. For some unexplainable reason I just knew I was alright and would find my way out and I wasn’t even that afraid of my situation like I should have been. It is a long story that I have told too many times now but perhaps there was some sort of guardian angel involved since a lot of wierd coincidences happened.
 
This happened sometime in 1991 when I didn’t yet have my own car to drive. I just came from mass and while I was trying to cross the street for my ride back home, a four-door pick-up tried to overtake the jeepney which had already stopped to let me cross the street. Tho’ the pick-up missed hitting my body by a mere inch, it didn’t miss running over my left foot. The driver had stepped on its brakes and the vehicle suddenly came to a halt with my left foot stuck under its right front wheel. I couldn’t get my foot freed so the pick-up had to back up. The driver of the pick up asked me to get inside his vehicle and brought me to nearby QCMC (Quezon City Medical) emergency room. My foot was numbed. I couldn’t feel anything. The driver brought me some ice packs upon doctor’s advice and ponstan tablets for the expected pain afterwards. The doctor’s prognosis was that my foot would get swollen and it would surely hurt from the trauma. But, praise God, there was no fracture or something. Anyway, since the driver/owner of the pick-up would not be able to bring me home to my village, he called a taxi cab and gave me money for the taxi fare. The doctor advised me to put ice on my foot and take ponstan tablet only when the pain comes. I never had to take ponstan tablets and my foot did not inflame. When I got home, it was as normal as normal can be. I always knew it was my guardian angel (I name him Darius) who had cushioned the impact of the wheels on my foot and prevented me from being hit by the vehicle altogether.

I also send my guardian angel on errands. When my two children were still in grade school, I used to have a hard time calling them for the evening rosary that we do together in my bedroom especially when their favorite tv program was on. One time, they would not budge from where they were cozily positioned even after several calls from me. I hated to lose my temper again so I sent my guardian angel to tell their guardian angels to make them come to the bedroom where I was waiting. The response had been immediate. In just a minute they were inside my bedroom saying “Mommy, we’re here now…” in a gleeful manner at that.

Then there was that time when the three of us went to watch the last day of the showing of the Musical “Rama at Sita” at the UP Diliman Theater. I knew beforehand that we would have a problem getting a parking space. So while we were having an early dinner, I was praying to my guardian angel to reserve a very convenient parking space for us. At 7:00 p.m. the UP grounds near the theater was already full of cars. While we were still a block away I already could see the traffic in front of the theater and from where we were, cars were already parked alongside the streets. But I knew that my guardian angel had never failed me each time I asked for his help so I drove on forward to get near the theater. Right in front of UP theater there was a space for one car. I really wondered how come the two cars ahead of me who were also scouting for a space failed to see that vacant spot. Perhaps they really didn’t see it because it was being covered by our guardian angels who reserved it for us.

pilgrim
 
This morning I was coming back from taking my husband to work. A car came up behind me with no lights on and passed me. I asked my angel to tell their angel they were running without lights and that very instant their lights came on. Coincidence? Maybe, but there are way too many “perfect timing” incidents for me to think so.
 
My mom says she has a shopping angel (just bear with me - this is not a joke!) She, my sister, and I are all petite, hard-to-fit women. All of my life, we would go to stores and never find the right size for what we wanted to buy or try on. She would always go back through the rack (after we had already looked) and find it. I can’t tell you how many times it has happened - I think she may be right.

Peace and joy,
Andi
 
In 2002 Marcus, my oldest boy (6 at the time) had an accident. He had to have emergency brain surgery.
After he came home from the hospital, my sister would come over every night to sleep with him (I was 5 months preg. and also had a 1yr old… her help was greatly appreciated!!)
The first night we were home, I woke up b/c I could hear them talking, so I got up to “fuss”. :rolleyes:
When I went in his room, my sister was sitting straight up in bed, wide eyed and fread out!
Apparently when they were going to sleep, Marcus kept looking at his door and when sister asked him what he kept looking at, he told her that he saw his angel standing there.
He was CERTAIN it was his angel… “he has BIG black wings with gold ends, a red “night gown” with a gold belt and he just keeps looking at me smiling. He’s just checking on me, Mom!”" is what he told us!

Couple of days later Marcus (out of the clear blue) told me this story:
"When I was having my surgery, I saw 2 angels standing next to me. One was holding a green scapular and the other one was holding a red one. The one holding the RED one told me, ‘Dont worry Marcus, youre gonna be just fine!’ "

Still not sure what the RED scapular represented… any ideas?
 
I have two stories, one my own experience and one a close friend’s.

First my friend’s. Her brother was working on his farm and had an accident. his legs were severely mangled going through some farm equipment, and he lay in the middle of the field alone. During that time his guardian angel appeared to him and talked to him for over two hours until help arrived. The angel told him he would survive. When he got to the hospital, doctors initially didn’t do anything to treat him because they thought he was too far gone, but he kept insisting they do something because he wasn’t going to die. They operated on him (one of his legs had to be amputated), and he survived, just like his angel said he would.

My story: I had a necklace that held three religious medals that I wore all the time. One day I noticed the necklace was gone off my neck, and I looked all around the house for it. I prayed for my guardian angel to find it for me and bring it back, because it meant alot to me. Several days later I was going through my jewelry box and found the necklace, hanging inside. I *never *put the necklace in there, and I asked my husband and children if they had done it, and they said they didn’t. My guardian angel returned my necklace and even hung it up in my jewelry box for me!
 
The Red scapular usually signifies the Sacred Heart Of Jesus.

I was saying a novena to Saint Raphael in December. I must add back then I was terified to drive in the snow since I had been in an accident. Christmas eve coming back from the Detroit area my husband pulls into the hospital with chest pains. We had three little children in the car so he went in.
What seemed like hours I waited and finally went in with the three little ones. They admitted my husband and I had to drive in a terrible snow storm. All the way home a car followed me and when I got to my neighborhood I told God I am ok now and the car vanished.
 
The book Angel Power by Jan Connell has wonderful stories of angels. She, the author, refers to an incident in her own life but never tells the story.
 
well I once darted off ahead alone on a trail like a dumb teenager and got lost. It took me four days of wandering through the forest to find my way out. For some unexplainable reason I just knew I was alright and would find my way out and I wasn’t even that afraid of my situation like I should have been. It is a long story that I have told too many times now but perhaps there was some sort of guardian angel involved since a lot of wierd coincidences happened.
WOW, four days, that’s amazing!!! It must have been a while ago, or we all would have heard it on the national news!
I had a simular feeling once when I wandered around an airport and missed my flight. I know it’s nowhere near as dramatic, but I had this other worldly feeling of peace throughout. It would have been a huge hassle if I couldn’t get another flight that day, I was across country etc. but they got me on a flight an hour later. It was all very hassle free and shouldn’t have been. I felt I wasn’t meant to be on the original flight for some reason and did find out the original flight was grounded at the layover, I don’t know why. I think it has to do with Gods timeing and He uses our guardian angels in some way to direct us, when we are open to it.
 
I have 2:
  1. Code:
    I was driving home from High School, after having gotten into the habit of not wearing a seatbelt.
As I was ready to leave for home one day, I thought, out of nowhere, “Put your seatbelt on, you might be in an accident today.”

A few minutes later, I was in a car crash. The police said if I hadn’t had my seatbelt on, I would have gone through the windshield. I walked away without a scratch.
  1. Code:
    I was driving on the expressway with my 1/2 yr. old one night.  I was passing an 18 wheeler hauling steel around a curve, which led onto a bridge.  As I came around the curve, there were headlights coming straight for me.  (A drunk driver had gotten on the on ramp, and was going the wrong way.)  There was nowhere to go, the 18 wheeler was on my left, and the expressway wall was on my right.  He was probably going at least 60, so was I.  Inexplicibly, at the last second, he veered to his right, and struch the 18 wheeler head on, instead of me.  (Both drivers were fine.)  I drove right passed, unscratched (and got help, of course.)
As my mom later pointed out, my deceased grandpa had worked in a steel mill, and she thought he must have interceeded with our gaurdian angels for me, and his great-grandaughter (and newly concieved great-grandson).
 
My son has his “ghost” he calls what I had always took to be his imaginary friend his “ghost”. Well one day while waiting for my daughter to get out of school he told me that his ghost has to sit somewhere else (he was sitting on my daughters sit). So I said that he could sit up in front with me. My son said “well where would your ghost sit” (First I have ever heard of my Ghost) So I played around and said oh he doesn’t need to sit there he can sit on the roof. My son than said “well that is silly mom how is he going to take care of you” So I thought about this for awhile and began asking him if everyone had ghost. He told me that they did and that help us. He said that his sister’s ghost stays with her at school and dads ghost was at work and so on.

I know that isn’t so exciting but I thought it was worth mentioning.

God Bless,

Monica
 
The following happened to me last fall – I have cut and pasted part of my journal entry for that day. I had gone to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament (M. Angelica’s shrine) with my 3yo daughter and my friend, Colleen. The part that follows picks up when we were in the crèche with the nativity scene. Let me add that I am not Catholic.
Another lady was in there, lighting a candle on the left hand side. The woman crossed in front of us and sat down. After a moment, she turned to me and stood up and asked me if she could bless the baby. I told her “I would love for you to bless the baby.” She took her crucifix and placed it on Sarah Kate’s forehead and began to say a silent blessing. Sarah Kate became solemn and appeared to be preparing to receive the blessing. She continued to look straight ahead at the infant Jesus in the nativity in front of her. When the lady finished, she began to tell me about her crucifix – that it had touched the largest remaining wood piece of the cross (in Spain, I believe), and also the robes of the Infant Child of Prague just two weeks earlier. She asked me if I had a medal that she could touch the crucifix to, which of course I didn’t, and then she asked about my wedding ring. I gladly held out my hand to be blessed, as well.
Then the lady asked me how old my daughter was. I told her that she would be three on Dec 27, which is the same as her grandson’s birthday. She commented how hard it is to have a birthday so close to Christmas, and I told her that she was actually supposed to be born in March. She looked at my daughter and commented on what a little miracle she is, born at Jesus’ birthday. I acknowledged that she is a miracle and mentioned that she was to have surgery on Jan 4. She asked me what the surgery is for, and I told her – “she has cerebral palsy & will be having surgery on her spinal cord to help her walk.” The lady told me that she doesn’t usually approach strangers, but that when she had first seen my daughter looking at the infant Jesus, she felt the need to bless her. She told us that we should pray around her, so she and I knelt on either side of the stroller. We all held hands, and the lady placed her crucifix on my dd’s back – on the exact spot where she was to have her surgery, although she could not have known that based on what I had told her. She prayed and asked for healing of my daughter. My daughter again sat quietly during the prayer.
When she finished praying, she asked me if I had prayed for her healing. I told her that I had, because I have in the past, although I have long since relented with that prayer. She looked me straight in the eyes and told me not to pray just that things will be alright, but that He will heal her. Colleen and I discussed it later, and that statement she made was like an arrow shot straight into me. She spoke again of the Infant Child of Prague, and told me that she had a novena in her car that she wanted to give me to pray, and that I should ask others to pray for her healing, as well. We sat down and waited for her to return.
After several minutes, we decided maybe she wasn’t coming back and headed out toward the parking lot. She met us on the walkway and gave me several prayer cards, including one from Garabandal, where numerous visions of the Virgin Mary have occurred. A friend of hers had gone there and picked up pine straw and given it to her, and she told us how excited she was to be able to go there herself and do the same. She also gave me a bottle of holy water and a statue of the Infant Child of Prague. I was stunned that she gave all of things to me, a stranger. She told me that the statue had already been blessed by a priest, but I might want to have one of the priests there at the shrine bless it, as well. She told me that she didn’t have the novena that she had gone to look for, but the gift shop was sure to have one. She also told us a miraculous story of healing that she had personally witnessed.
Meanwhile, my daughter was sitting quietly in her stroller, and then she just started pointing straight up in the air and said “I see Jesus.” We all looked up, and I was thinking she had seen a statue. She pays very close attention to details, and she doesn’t make things up, so when she says she sees something, it’s there. All three of us looked and looked, but there was absolutely nothing there but blue sky. Then she began to reach straight up with her arm, making noises like she was struggling and said “I can’t reach Him!” The lady looked down at her and told her “He can reach down to you.” My daughter then put her arm back down and was quiet again, holding the lamb in her lap that I bought her in the gift shop.
My husband, later that day, called me into the bathroom while he was bathing her (he had not yet heard the story). She had told him “I saw Jesus today.” He asked her if Jesus spoke to her. She answered “He said a prayer on my lambie.”
 
WOW, four days, that’s amazing!!! It must have been a while ago, or we all would have heard it on the national news!
I had a simular feeling once when I wandered around an airport and missed my flight. I know it’s nowhere near as dramatic, but I had this other worldly feeling of peace throughout. It would have been a huge hassle if I couldn’t get another flight that day, I was across country etc. but they got me on a flight an hour later. It was all very hassle free and shouldn’t have been. I felt I wasn’t meant to be on the original flight for some reason and did find out the original flight was grounded at the layover, I don’t know why. I think it has to do with Gods timeing and He uses our guardian angels in some way to direct us, when we are open to it.
well I don’t know if it made national news but it certainly was on all the local news stations in the West and I think it might have been on Fox news. I don’t think people on the East Coast heard of it much. However, this was right before 9-11 in a time that was lacking in news so I basically was the biggest news. It was kind of neat. I got a free trip to New York to go on Good Morning America and stuff and as I was there only a month before 9-11. Oh the best part was that although I made a willing choice to know I was going to be punished for doing something stupid like darting off to climb a mountain, and after first getting lost I thought I was going to be in even more trouble after they rescued me the next day. However, after four days and finding my own way back they were just glad I was alive and I got rewarded for it all
 
I also send my guardian angel on errands. When my two children were still in grade school, I used to have a hard time calling them for the evening rosary that we do together in my bedroom especially when their favorite tv program was on. One time, they would not budge from where they were cozily positioned even after several calls from me. I hated to lose my temper again so I sent my guardian angel to tell their guardian angels to make them come to the bedroom where I was waiting. The response had been immediate. In just a minute they were inside my bedroom saying “Mommy, we’re here now…” in a gleeful manner at that.
This was such a beautiful story. It reminded me of my own experiences as a child. Thanks for telling it so well, Pilgrim.
 
One drizzling day this past summer I was taking a truck load of garbage to the dumpster. The dumpster area is surrounded by 4X4 wooden timbers laying horizontally starting at ground level and increasing in steps to about 4 ft. I backed my truck up to the dumpster and threw it all out. When I was done, I jumped out of the bed and landed on the timbers along side the truck that were about 3.5 ft high. As soon as my foot hit the timber, it slipped. My right hand was not on the bed of my truck that I can recall. I was layed out in mid air coming down hard and I am certain my head would have hit the edge of the timbers or the ground with such force I would have most likely been knocked out or killed. While, I was in the air, something or someone helped my body upright itself and I landed on my feet on the ground. I got into my truck and spent the next min or so thanking the Lord, my dad, or whoever else was there to help me see my wife and kids another day.
 
Today (Oct. 2) is the feast of the Guardian Angels. Lovely stories everyone, and don’t forget an extra big thankyou to all our Guardian Angels 👍
:angel1: :angel1::angel1: :angel1::angel1: :angel1::angel1:
 
The following happened to me last fall – I have cut and pasted part of my journal entry for that day. I had gone to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament (M. Angelica’s shrine) with my 3yo daughter and my friend, Colleen. The part that follows picks up when we were in the crèche with the nativity scene. Let me add that I am not Catholic.
What a story! Please give us part 2 🙂 Was that the end? Sounds like you have more to tell about this extraordinary event.

Our then-14-month-old also had a little stuffed lamb. One day we were all in the car, taking the Our Lady of Fatima Pilgrim Virgin statue to go visit another family’s home for a week. In the back of the car were my son and another man from church who was coming with us to pray with the family. This man told us that our son took the lamb in his hands and very reverently raised it up as the priest elevates the Host during consecration. A few minutes later our son took a hold of a holy card that was in the back of the car (Sacred Heart), pointed to the picture of Jesus, and then pointed to his own chest/heart. The man in the back of the car with him was very moved by our son’s actions and reverence and was convinced that something supernatural was going on. Unfortunately my husband and I were in the front, and we didn’t see it!
 
I have a few … A priest I knew told me that when he was a teenager, he had a can of gasoline, and he was about to pour it onto a fire. He heard a voice telling him “Don’t do it”. He did not listen and tried to do it anyway. He was physically restrained and could not do it. From someone in my old prayergroup: There was a lady that had the gift of healing. People would ask about her gift and she would always say that her angel standing behind her right shoulder would do the healing. She had a cat that would sit with her as she was praying with people. They cat would always look at her right shoulder. Someone took a picture. There was a fuzzy image of an angel, and the cat was looking straight at the angel. I was skiing one time, and I totally lost control. I could not stop. My cousin yelled at me to avoid the large tree. I went flying off of the trail, down a steep slope and was heading towards a large tree. I fell down on my back and closed my eyes. I waited… and I waited … and I waited. There was no sound. No Pain. I thought, “Wow, that was quick. I must be dead. I did not feel a thing.” I finally opened my eyes. I expected to be hovering over a dead body. I was lying in the snow on my back about 2 feet from the tree. My cousin also closed his eyes. He thought I had hit the tree, fell back and was dead. I said, “I am OK”. He and I both wondered why I did not hit the tree.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top