Guardian Angels

  • Thread starter Thread starter marymichael10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marymichael10

Guest
I’m not real sure if this is the right forum for this subject, but here it is.

It’s taught by the Church that we all have guardian angels…they protect us, pray for us, and try to guide us. ‘To light, to guard, to rule, to guide.’

My question(s) is this:
Are our guardian angels created at the moment of our conception? Or are they pre-existent to our existence?

Is it possible for our guardian angels to be condemned? If they turn from God during the duration of our lives, and since unlike men, angels don’t have a second chance (because they know God face to face, unlike us), do we recieve another guardian angel?

And if this is so, and if we happen to be condemned to hell, are they condemned with us to hell at the moment of our death or immediately, so as we can recieve another guardian?

This question doesn’t effect my faith at all. Just something I was wondering about.
 
I suspect we have a guardian angel and a tempting demon. I think they long pre-existed us, and the same angel or demon may have several people to monitor and protect or tempt, at different times in history. What exorcists call familiar spirits are demons who know you inside out.

I also think that this business of people having “past lives” is in fact the action of a familiar spirit projecting images of someone’s past life into a living person’s mind. In other words, such a person is being deceived.
 
What an excellent response…thank you ! (and I didn’t even ask the question but I’ve been reading about Padre Pio this week and he speaks often of our guardian angel)

Blessings to you !
 
Your guardian angel cannot be condemned. Angels are messengers of God, and like extensions of His will. You don’t have to worry about that at least. Your guardian will be always faithful and true. It will always seek to bring you to light, love, and holiness in accordance with God’s will. 🙂
 
St. Thomas Aquinas wrote all about angels in his Summa Theologica masterpiece. Scroll down here to click the subject on angels you want to read about. :o
 
Your guardian angel is assigned to you forever. If you go to heaven, he’s with you there glorifying God. If you go to Purgatory, he’s there consoling you. If you go to hell, he’s there reminding you that he told you better, you didn’t listen, and are there by your own choices. 🙂
 
I’m not real sure if this is the right forum for this subject, but here it is.

It’s taught by the Church that we all have guardian angels…they protect us, pray for us, and try to guide us. ‘To light, to guard, to rule, to guide.’

My question(s) is this:
Are our guardian angels created at the moment of our conception? Or are they pre-existent to our existence?
Neither. Angels are spirits – i.e., “no bodies.” As such, they have no time, because time, AIUI, results from matter. We have time because of the “stuff” we are made of! And the deterioration of that stuff in our limbs, heads. organs, etc, will cause our time to run out.😦

As spirits, angels do not experience time. They are aeviternal, meaning they have not existed forever like GOD, but having been created they are with Him in Eternity. They are not part of the human time-line, but can “reach” into it to tend to us, at any point from our birth to our death.
Is it possible for our guardian angels to be condemned? If they turn from God during the duration of our lives, and since unlike men, angels don’t have a second chance (because they know God face to face, unlike us), do we recieve another guardian angel?
Again, the time thing. We don’t know how the Lucifer thing happened, and it really isn’t our business as human beings. But since there is no time in Eternity, no angelic being will face that choice more than once. (There is no time for them to “wiggle their minds” in; a choice made in Eternity is fixed; that is why there is no way out of Hell.) A guardian angel fallling will not happen.
And if this is so, and if we happen to be condemned to hell, are they condemned with us to hell at the moment of our death or immediately, so as we can recieve another guardian?
there are no guardian angels in Hell! If you go there, just like at the end of the play “Doctor Faustus,” your guardian angel will simply wave you off as you drop off the edge of life.
This question doesn’t effect my faith at all. Just something I was wondering about.
ICXC NIKA.
 
Neither. Angels are spirits – i.e., “no bodies.” As such, they have no time, because time, AIUI, results from matter. We have time because of the “stuff” we are made of! And the deterioration of that stuff in our limbs, heads. organs, etc, will cause our time to run out 😦

As spirits, angels do not experience time. They are aeviternal, meaning they have not existed forever like GOD, but having been created they are with Him in Eternity. They are not part of the human time-line, but can “reach” into it to tend to us, at any point from our birth to our death.
I’m fully aware that angels are not subject to time. But they are created beings, nontheless. I guess I was just wondering if they were created for our intercession before God at the moment we begin life, or are already living in eternity. I fully know that they are aeviternal…I’m just curious as to whether they were created for us alone, or God just assigned an angel to us.
We don’t know how the Lucifer thing happened, and it really isn’t our business as human beings. But since there is no time in Eternity, no angelic being will face that choice more than once. (There is no time for them to “wiggle their minds” in; a choice made in Eternity is fixed; that is why there is no way out of Hell.) A guardian angel fallling will not happen.
Good answer. But I am fully aware that angels, when created, are in immediate vision of God. And if they turn, they are condemned…no second chances.
As far as the Lucifer thing, I think some have a pretty good idea to what happened. Really, it’s just that Lucifer turned from God. Hence, why God didn’t create evil (a growing theory I HATE!) Lucifer defined evil himself when he simply ‘turned away from God’. Nontheless, Satan and his angels were condemned, but that leaves room to speculate that while eternity is timeless, angels can still turn against God, making them immediately condemned. Could one of our guardian angels do this? I have no room to speculate, but just to ponder…
there are no guardian angels in Hell! If you go there, just like at the end of the play “Doctor Faustus,” your guardian angel will simply wave you off as you drop off the edge of life.
Agreed. He must, just as God must.
But could He too go if He rejects God??? In any kind of circumstances? That’s my real question I suppose.

I just got off work and am a little tired. I don’t know if I have really expressed my thoughts/questions the best I could. I’m a little delirious hahaha 😛
 
I suspect we have a guardian angel and a tempting demon. I think they long pre-existed us, and the same angel or demon may have several people to monitor and protect or tempt, at different times in history. What exorcists call familiar spirits are demons who know you inside out.

I also think that this business of people having “past lives” is in fact the action of a familiar spirit projecting images of someone’s past life into a living person’s mind. In other words, such a person is being deceived.
Wow. This is a great post sir. Gives alot of perspective to the matter of temptation and the ‘inner battle’.

I totally agree with that ‘reincarnation’ thing. It’s either familiar spirits instilling these ideas and memories, or that person is just stubborn and crazy if you ask me 😃
 
What an excellent response…thank you ! (and I didn’t even ask the question but I’ve been reading about Padre Pio this week and he speaks often of our guardian angel)

Blessings to you !
HAHA. The only reason I actually ever pondered this idea was because of Padre Pio. His stories of his guardian angel are amazing!

His guardian angel would supposedly translate foreign letters which Padre couldn’t read, and Padre would ‘send’ his angel to others who needed his help when he wasn’t able to journey.

He is truly the most amazing saint of recent times. A living sign of God’s presence in the world. I just love him.
 
I’m fully aware that angels are not subject to time. But they are created beings, nontheless. I guess I was just wondering if they were created for our intercession before God at the moment we begin life, or are already living in eternity. I fully know that they are aeviternal…I’m just curious as to whether they were created for us alone, or God just assigned an angel to us.

Good answer. But I am fully aware that angels, when created, are in immediate vision of God. And if they turn, they are condemned…no second chances.
As far as the Lucifer thing, I think some have a pretty good idea to what happened. Really, it’s just that Lucifer turned from God. Hence, why God didn’t create evil (a growing theory I HATE!) Lucifer defined evil himself when he simply ‘turned away from God’. Nontheless, Satan and his angels were condemned, but that leaves room to speculate that while eternity is timeless, angels can still turn against God, making them immediately condemned. Could one of our guardian angels do this? I have no room to speculate, but just to ponder…

Agreed. He must, just as God must.
But could He too go if He rejects God??? In any kind of circumstances? That’s my real question I suppose.

I just got off work and am a little tired. I don’t know if I have really expressed my thoughts/questions the best I could. I’m a little delirious hahaha 😛
God assigned an angel to us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top