J
Jay53
Guest
Is it normal/reasonable to feel guilty when I don’t say “enough” prayers during the day? I suppose I should first say that I firmly believe in prayer and have had numerous prayers answered. Here’s my situation:
I have certain prayers that I say every day:
Chaplet of Angels/St. Michael
Prayer to Guardian Angel
Act of Contrition
Act of Perfect Contrition
Memorare
Rosary (5 decades - whatever the mysterys for that day are)
Chaplet of Divine Mercy
St. Bridget Prayers (the ones you say daily for 12 years - I’m at about 1 1/2 years)
Prayers for my deceased Mom (5 Apostle’s Creed, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Requiem)
7 Hail Mary’s for 7 Sorrows of Mary
Prayer to Defeat the Work of Satan
Prayer to St. Joseph
Prayer to the Shoulder Wound of Christ
In addition to these I will offer up short prayers during the day depending on what is going on in my life - praying for other people etc.
Most days I don’t have a problem completing all these prayers, although I notice I have better days (able to handle frustration/problems better) when I complete them early in the day. The problem is the days when I don’t finish all my prayers - I feel very guilty and then worry that God will allow something bad to happen to me because of this. In my head I know that God doesn’t work like that and I realize that God would probably prefer quality over quantity, but I wouldn’t know which prayers to not say because I have reasons for saying each of these. (For example, how could I not say the prayers for my Mom - I would feel horrible if she was in purgatory and needed my prayers and I was “too busy” to say them.)
Sorry this is so long, but has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in my neuroses:blush:

(P.S. I do not have any other tendencies like this in any other aspect of my life (I had wondered if I had mild OCD, but I genuinely don’t think so.)
I have certain prayers that I say every day:
Chaplet of Angels/St. Michael
Prayer to Guardian Angel
Act of Contrition
Act of Perfect Contrition
Memorare
Rosary (5 decades - whatever the mysterys for that day are)
Chaplet of Divine Mercy
St. Bridget Prayers (the ones you say daily for 12 years - I’m at about 1 1/2 years)
Prayers for my deceased Mom (5 Apostle’s Creed, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Requiem)
7 Hail Mary’s for 7 Sorrows of Mary
Prayer to Defeat the Work of Satan
Prayer to St. Joseph
Prayer to the Shoulder Wound of Christ
In addition to these I will offer up short prayers during the day depending on what is going on in my life - praying for other people etc.
Most days I don’t have a problem completing all these prayers, although I notice I have better days (able to handle frustration/problems better) when I complete them early in the day. The problem is the days when I don’t finish all my prayers - I feel very guilty and then worry that God will allow something bad to happen to me because of this. In my head I know that God doesn’t work like that and I realize that God would probably prefer quality over quantity, but I wouldn’t know which prayers to not say because I have reasons for saying each of these. (For example, how could I not say the prayers for my Mom - I would feel horrible if she was in purgatory and needed my prayers and I was “too busy” to say them.)
Sorry this is so long, but has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in my neuroses:blush:
(P.S. I do not have any other tendencies like this in any other aspect of my life (I had wondered if I had mild OCD, but I genuinely don’t think so.)