C
CaptCrunch73
Guest
I have a coworker who is Lutheran. I say Luther removed 7 books from the Bible, he says Catholics added 7 books to the Bible. You get the picture…
I’m thinking of pointing him to the The Gutenberg Bible. My understanding is that this Bible was printed in the 1450s, before Luther and the Reformation, and it contains the Deuterocanonical Books (per the link above). My point being if there’s a Bible from before Luther’s time and if the Deuterocanonical Books were contained in that Bible then Luther removed them.
Anybody else have any other thoughts on how to prove this?
I’m thinking of pointing him to the The Gutenberg Bible. My understanding is that this Bible was printed in the 1450s, before Luther and the Reformation, and it contains the Deuterocanonical Books (per the link above). My point being if there’s a Bible from before Luther’s time and if the Deuterocanonical Books were contained in that Bible then Luther removed them.
Anybody else have any other thoughts on how to prove this?