K
katy_kt
Guest
Okay…I asked this same question to an Apologist a few hours ago, but I know that they will take time to answer, so I decided to also post it here.
Now someone told me that Abraham had more than one wife, the other being Hagar. The verse given to me is Gen 16:3, where some translations say that Hagar was given to him as his wife, and others use the word concubine. The Hebrew word used is ishshâ.
Could someone help me with my argument that Hagar is NOT Abraham’s wife. Also why some Bibles use the word wife in Gen 16:3.
Now someone told me that Abraham had more than one wife, the other being Hagar. The verse given to me is Gen 16:3, where some translations say that Hagar was given to him as his wife, and others use the word concubine. The Hebrew word used is ishshâ.
Could someone help me with my argument that Hagar is NOT Abraham’s wife. Also why some Bibles use the word wife in Gen 16:3.