O
One_point
Guest
I am tired of it. It shocks me sometimes just how misinformed almost every single person wh is not catholic seems to be. It seems everyone assumes some awful things about the church. the church must be the most evil organization not just on earth but ever from what I gather. in a party or social gathering, a topic comes up about the church. everyone has some evil thing to say. all of it is non factual. a good deal of it is outrageous. but defending the church can just seem so awkward in some settings. but sometimes something is so false you have to speak up.
the other day someone said that the church only recognized black people as human beings in 1986. they had a date and everything for a clearly outrageous lie! I corrected them. big mistake. then stories from everybody start coming about all these evil things the church does or did at some point. all completely false. Like stealing cultural pieces and hiding in a vault in the Vatican. the church is the richest ngo in the world. I say they also probably do more charity than the other ngos? so what. you don’t molest people and claim charity. the church is busy abusing children as we speak. not that some bad priests do bad things but the catholic church molests children. this is all presented as factual and I am the religious nut who is indoctrinated and blind to the plain truth. they don’t say this but it is obvious from the responses and the eyes. I get tired of responding to be honest. so many stories from all corners. it is kindly suggested to me to go and read about the true history of the catholic church. its not that I don’t know the church has made its mistakes in the past. its just that people have developed a truly strange picture of the church. how did this happen? the catholic church seems to be viewd as the biggest evil cult in the world by many educated people. it simply crazy!
I gave up. honestly, I hate to feel like some type of outcast. I only feel this way when the topic of Catholicism comes up outside church circles. do you feel this way too when the church is discussed in non-Catholic or non-religious circles? what is the best way to handle such comments especially at parties or social gatherings when you are the only one who is catholic and almost everybody has something bad to say about the church? especially with close family friends or close friends of family?
the other day someone said that the church only recognized black people as human beings in 1986. they had a date and everything for a clearly outrageous lie! I corrected them. big mistake. then stories from everybody start coming about all these evil things the church does or did at some point. all completely false. Like stealing cultural pieces and hiding in a vault in the Vatican. the church is the richest ngo in the world. I say they also probably do more charity than the other ngos? so what. you don’t molest people and claim charity. the church is busy abusing children as we speak. not that some bad priests do bad things but the catholic church molests children. this is all presented as factual and I am the religious nut who is indoctrinated and blind to the plain truth. they don’t say this but it is obvious from the responses and the eyes. I get tired of responding to be honest. so many stories from all corners. it is kindly suggested to me to go and read about the true history of the catholic church. its not that I don’t know the church has made its mistakes in the past. its just that people have developed a truly strange picture of the church. how did this happen? the catholic church seems to be viewd as the biggest evil cult in the world by many educated people. it simply crazy!
I gave up. honestly, I hate to feel like some type of outcast. I only feel this way when the topic of Catholicism comes up outside church circles. do you feel this way too when the church is discussed in non-Catholic or non-religious circles? what is the best way to handle such comments especially at parties or social gatherings when you are the only one who is catholic and almost everybody has something bad to say about the church? especially with close family friends or close friends of family?