Happy Pi Day Everyone

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Mary1973:
I didn’t get it.
Mary - Pi is a greek letter, which I don’t have on my keyboard, which looks like a stool - a horizontal line with two legs. It represents the ratio of the diameter - width - of a circle to its circumference - distance around it.

It is an endless number which starts 3.14…

The area of a circle is pi times the radius [half the diameter] times the radius or the radius squared], hence pi r squared.

Thanks Joe Kelly for the reminder about pi that Greek letter pronounced pie (a circular delicacy produced by Sara Lee and Marie Callendar, which I gave up for Lent) I have just purchased such an item with sufficent radius squared to serve my family for Easter Dinner. So I can say Happy Easter and happy pi day. Better leave this forum before temptation gets the better of me.🤓

There was a movie made a few years back called “Pi”… and yes, it is about that endless number.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

My daughter’s freshman geometry class celebrated pi day with homemade circular delicacies!

40.png
Ahimsa:
Is Pi biblical?

:yup:
I checked my bible and a couple of version online, and couldn’t find a reference for Pi, so it must be a man-made concept. Evangelicals are free to ignore it.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I checked my bible and a couple of version online, and couldn’t find a reference for Pi, so it must be a man-made concept. Evangelicals are free to ignore it.
Not so fast…

Check out: PI in the Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back