I find this so interesting. The only people who dislike these books are the people who have not read them.
I totally agree that the books are not for younger children especially the later books with all the snogging (Yuck). I really disliked all the dating.
I found the magic to be just as you all said, just like the scenery in a play, just background, the story is more important than the magic.
The magic is just like the magic found in stories like Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc⦠The magic just sets up the story.
I agree that while HP is not religious, it does show many, very Christian virtues. Such as: giving your life for a friend, bravery in the face of evil, determination to do good, choosing good even when evil is easier or available, protecting the weak, it shows the value of life as well as the fact that risking your life for the sake of good is sometimes necessary and important.
I donāt like the movies nearly as well as the books, the fifth movie skipped all the light-hearted fun and important resistance of the students against the evil controlling their school. It didnāt show the evil of the evil people.
The fourth movie focused too much on the dating and fighting between Ron and Hermione and Mad-Eye flicking his tongue was gross.
The third movie made Serious too evil and bad looking. I mean he is a good guy who was sent to prison, so why did he have tattoo and such? He needed to look like a really nice rough guy, more like Strider from LOTR movies.
Anyways thanks for your responses.
