T
Tantum_ergo
Guest
Bob, you are funny.-I don’t expect everybody to agree with all I say, or even most of it. It’s my opinion. I’m allowed to have one–even if it is wrong in your eyes. It would be nice, and far more in keeping with the gentlemanly behavior I have seen in your posts lo these many years for you to be a little less mocking of the person with whom you disagree on what is, surely, a very minor matter of literary criticism. I’ve known you to be far more ‘tolerant’ of people who have disparged Catholicism than you have been of criticisms of Harry Potter. . .a literary work of fiction with which people can have quite legitimate differences of opinion without being treated as though what they thought was not just a ‘different opinion’ but a stupid one. If I have ever, ever said that anybody who had a different ‘take’ on Harry Potter was stupid, wrong, evil, etc. I would understand why you might be sniping and carping at me–as a RETURN–but I have never done so. And frankly, the OP actually welcomed the idea of having a discussion between those who did not ‘love’ the books as a free exchange of ideas, and was looking forward to having a chance to see why people might HAVE these different ideas.
Well, I am probably too thin-skinned (which is my problem, not yours I hasten to add) but while I don’t mind being told that people disagree with me (respectfully) and WHY, I do mind being given another dose (yes, I DO remember these same posts or reasonable facsimiles thereof being employed by you on other threads, thank you very much) of sarcasm, accusations of ‘overanalysis’ followed by satiric screeds meant to show how STUPID my posts were to any person of sense.
Thanks but no thanks. I’ll be glad to PM the OP any time to discuss if she would like, but I’m not going to have this thread degenerate into another "bash the wicked potterbashing bigot’ thread.
Well, I am probably too thin-skinned (which is my problem, not yours I hasten to add) but while I don’t mind being told that people disagree with me (respectfully) and WHY, I do mind being given another dose (yes, I DO remember these same posts or reasonable facsimiles thereof being employed by you on other threads, thank you very much) of sarcasm, accusations of ‘overanalysis’ followed by satiric screeds meant to show how STUPID my posts were to any person of sense.
Thanks but no thanks. I’ll be glad to PM the OP any time to discuss if she would like, but I’m not going to have this thread degenerate into another "bash the wicked potterbashing bigot’ thread.