Has anyone attend the Papal Mass in Vatican?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanishani7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shanishani7

Guest
So my trip will include going to Vatican and also to attend the Papal mass. 🙂 I have never been there so I want to confirm.
  1. The papal mass is held in St. Peter’s Basilica or St. Peter’s Square? the same place?
  2. I checked the schedule online, there are Sunday masses and Wednesday masses. What is the difference?
  3. It said we can get tickets directly from the Swiss Guards in St. Peter’s Square. So I cannot book in advance, and only get the tickets from Swiss Guards on that day? Or better to get tickets 1 day earlier?
  4. What Time will the mass start? the website doesn’t write the exact time. And, how many hours should we arrive there to get a better stand/seat/view ? I know there will be many people. I also want to see Pope Francis. 😃
Any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

Thank you. 😃
 
When my family went we requested tickets by sending an email to the U.S. Bishops’ Office for United States Visitors to the Vatican at visitorsoffice@pnac.org. We made the request for midnight mass on Christmas six months in advance to be sure we had tickets. I think for a mass outside of a major holiday 10 days is all the advance notice you need. I found that the process was easy and the office was very helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top