N
NotAllHere
Guest
What are those who claim that a single seed conception theory exists in the scriptures trying to teach? why does it even matter?
Could you tell us where you heard or read that?What are those who claim that a single seed conception theory exists in the scriptures trying to teach? why does it even matter?
My understanding is that there have at various times in history been the belief that the sperm is the sole seed of the child, and that the sperm enters the womb to grow into the child there, but the mother has no genetical parenthood over her child.Can you tell us what “single seed conception” means? I googled the quoted phrase and found only this post.
Ah, yes, I think that is what the OP is talking about. I have seen sketches of tiny, formed babies inside sperm cells.My understanding is that there have at various times in history been the belief that the sperm is the sole seed of the child, and that the sperm enters the womb to grow into the child there, but the mother has no genetical parenthood over her child.
Perhaps the gal at the Library was Not All There?!? Maybe she’s an Amazon Woman who hopes that there will be a way to procreate without the help of the male seed! I’m joking, but it seems that would help those who would have us force fed SSM. It fits in a sad way into their agenda.I ran into a person at public library who was trying to argue in favor of gay marriage. Frankly, I have no idea what point she was trying to make. At one point she said she was the civil rights leader who died years ago and that the Bible supported slavery. At this time I understand stuff as well as Tim Taylor on Tool Time.
It stands for Same Sex Marriage. SSA = Same Sex Attraction.Glenda, what’s SSM?
Many species can in fact produce offspring from a single parent. There is a spruce tree in the fra north of Sweden which is believed to be between 6000 and 8000 years old. In cases like this the offspring are genetical clones of the parent caused by shoots coming out of old roots and surviving even when the original tree dies. In the above example this must have happened many dozen times in succession as spruces are not exactly long lived trees. But there are also cases where the genes of an individual parent can get re-mixed for non-identical reproduction. This happens in citrus trees for example. However, there is normally a limit to the number of times that can be done before two-parents need to get involved to assure continued genetic diversity. Otherwise its like marrying your sister for three generations. But the animal kingdom does similar things too. Aphids and certain other insects can reproduce asexually and females can give live birth to genetical clones of themselves that can be either male or female. Typically males are only born for the mating season and do not occur at other times. The eggs will thus only hatch into females. This strategy enables a single individual to spawn an entire population. The freshwater hydra is a notable example of an animal that unites male and female parts on the same individual but can also grow genetically identical offspring by budding off parts of its body.I ran into a person at public library who was trying to argue in favor of gay marriage. Frankly, I have no idea what point she was trying to make. At one point she said she was the civil rights leader who died years ago and that the Bible supported slavery. At this time I understand stuff as well as Tim Taylor on Tool Time.
I agree, but since they are making such claims. We need to look at “after kind” as far as I can tell, there is no reason to believe that humans, nor primates reproduced any differently then we do today.But to wish to apply something to humans that our distant genetic ancestors may have or have not done is just sick fantasism.
I guess the closest you can get is a foetus splitting to form identical twins.I was not aware that insects were part of the animal kingdom?
Can you show any examples among primates?
Thanks