Has anyone noticed the new celebrity charity ad w/the gay Episcopalian bishop?

• Thread starter Thread starter stellina
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stellina

Over the weekend I happened to notice an ad for some charity, which the commercial never clearly defined as to its purpose - it was filmed in black & white with a lot of celebrity “talking heads”. Pat Robertson was there along with the usual singers & actors, but there was also that openly gay Episcopalian bishop & he even appeared to be wearing some kind of ecclesiastical garb. Guess he’s taking full advantage of his position to enhance his celebrity status? It made me feel very sorry for all the faithful Episcopalians that are seeing their church tear itself apart thanks to this fellow’s unbridled ambition… I try very hard to be respectful of all clergy, Catholic or not, but I can’t muster any respect for him.

I guess it’s a love the sinner, hate the sin type of thing. C.S. Lewis wrote a really great book (Mere Christianity) that delves into the whole ‘love your neighbor’ issue. He said (and I’m paraphrasing) that love you neighbor does not mean ‘feel fond of him’ or ‘find him attractive’. You have to love your neighbor, as yourself and how many of us always feel a fondness or affection for ourselves?

That ad is a perfect example of what the Holy Father has said is one of the key issues of our time- moral relativism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back