Has anyone seen and/or Heard Angels? - Seriously (No jokes)

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewRuki
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has nothing to do with how much God does or doesn’t love Lucifer and everything to do with the non temporal nature of angels. Angels are possessed of their whole being at any one “time” in a way that humans aren’t, so when angels rejected God it was equivalent to a human knowingly and purposefully living a whole life of unrepentant malice.
So if it were different and Lucifer could be saved, would God save him? That would save a lot of trouble…and souls…
 
So if it were different and Lucifer could be saved, would God save him? That would save a lot of trouble…and souls…
Sort of. If angels were like us, then yes I believe he would have opened a way for him to repent, but because Lucifer made an angelic and irreformable choice, repentance isn’t even logically possible.
 
The Lord is perfect Love, and He knows what He is about. We don’t have to bother our heads with “What if this, or that.”

What He does and allows is perfect.

Peace!
 
Carol, I’d firstly (before I address a few points you’ve made) like to thank you for taking the time to think about what I wrote, digest it and come up with a compassionate reply. Usually a reply like this would really distress me (and indeed, even as I type, the voices I hear on a daily basis are trying to tell me that you are telling me off and saying I’m bad), but it’s actually brought me quite a bit of peace. How long that will last, I do not know. Probably not that long, given how my health is these days.

But truly, from the bottom of my heart, I do thank you for being candid and speaking your mind on this matter
:clapping: Phew. I honestly held my breath when I posted this.

Good job to you not listening to the voices. (I mean, there are always “voices”: external dissenters, internal doubters.)
*Because *you are absolutely right.
In no way am I telling you off. In no way do I think you are bad.
I am far too blunt for the forums and often misunderstood - but you, brilliant person that you are, got it. yay!
If someone does think those things, in any case, they are incorrect and should be shut out like the voices. I mean who’s to say they aren’t listening to their own voices? 🤷
I’m inclined to think this is what happened. She’s got a very big heart and I suppose she thought she was helping…
All we can ever do is our best. A life skill we need to develop sometimes is to set boundaries on our “helpers”. 🙂
:o It is very true that there is a real distinction there that has been blurred in my mind. Thank you for reinforcing this and bringing God’s work in this to my attention :o
Not just you, friend. We *all *need to be reminded of this important fact all the time. That’s why it came so quickly to mind.
I’ve been trying the past four years to see that and move forward/on. Maybe I need to talk to my SD in more depth about this, he might have some ideas…
Here’s an interesting overview on how even the Pope has similar issues
worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/20/17386717-pope-francis-spoke-of-being-dazzled-by-girl-possible-change-of-celibacy-rule?lite
Just want to clarify that I did not feel a hand pull me back (it was more a body block between me and the very busy road) and that I did not see this woman; I just instantly knew it was her blocking me. I do think that is still covered by cognitive association though…
:yup:
Without wanting to seem overly defensive: I have honestly tried everything I can think of over the last four years to stop obsessing with this woman. I don’t feel it is corrupt obsession. Misplaced, definitely, but I mean no harm in it and do not think she is God or has powers of her own, or anything like that. It is a genuine psychological/psychiatric problem that has caused me a great deal of pain and that I work very hard to try and protect myself from and prevent myself from doing 😦
Goodness. I don’t know where the word “corrupt” came from but I honestly couldn’t think of anything else based on my *personal *experience. I did not mean it to be directed at you but … well, I can see how that happened. 😊

Thanks for sharing and for understanding my brutish method of communication. Now I need to go help my kids enjoy the sunshine a bit.

Peace and Blessings.
 
I am going to join this discussion (I just discovered this thread last night) because I think my story ties right in with the question asked as the topic.

My parents divorced when I was 6 and my father was an alcoholic who left us high and dry with no money. We lived in a house my parents had been buying on a land contract from an old Italian man who then asked if he could live in the basement–he had fixed himself up a little place there. One day there was a knock at the door and a man was standing there who looked like a “hobo” (what people called the homeless in the 1950’s). I was next to my mother and remember seeing him, but the memory has faded over the years. Anyway, he asked my mother for some money for food, as he had not eaten that day. She got out her purse and said there was about 25 cents in it–all she had.

She said to herself “Well, at least I have a roof over my head, but he doesn’t” and gave him all the money. He thanked her, and turned and walked down the sidewalk leading from our porch to the regular sidewalk, where she watched him disappear before her very eyes. Yes, he had feet, and they were walking, like normal feet. 🙂 She ran after him, but he was no where to be found.

The very next day she received a check in the mail for back child support–my father’s wages had been attached. And she was never without money to live on after that. She got a job working afternoon turn in a hospital, but my brother and I had to stay with my grandparents because there was no one to babysit, but we were taken care of. The old Italian man had a stroke and asked my mother to care for him after and deeded the house over to her, so she had shelter. When he died, he left everything to her, though it was not much. She then remarried when I was 12. We never had much, but we were always provided for, and never again were we destitute. My mother firmly believes this was an angel who visited her and she had been given some sort of a test. She is 87 yrs old now and can remember this as clear as a bell, and it never changes. I remember it also.

On 2 occasions I nearly had horrific accidents in my car and was saved by some unseen force. In one my car was picked up and turned the other way and the oncoming car avoided hitting mine. I believe an angel did this.

Last year around Christmas time I lost $40.00. I emptied my purse and every pocket in it, my wallet and change purse and the money was gone. I was upset, but oh well. On Christmas Eve I was sitting in my daughter’s church waiting for midnight Mass to begin when I said to my daughter “I forgot to bring money for the collection”. She said “Oh, I did too”.
A few minutes later I opened my purse to get a tissue and there, right on top of everything were two crisp neatly folded $20.00 bills! Now I had just been in that purse for my keys, etc. and there was no money. I think an angel put it there.

I have had an experience with the evil one, but I prefer not to go into that. Of course, Jesus protected me.
 
I am going to join this discussion (I just discovered this thread last night) because I think my story ties right in with the question asked as the topic.

My parents divorced when I was 6 and my father was an alcoholic who left us high and dry with no money. We lived in a house my parents had been buying on a land contract from an old Italian man who then asked if he could live in the basement–he had fixed himself up a little place there. One day there was a knock at the door and a man was standing there who looked like a “hobo” (what people called the homeless in the 1950’s). I was next to my mother and remember seeing him, but the memory has faded over the years. Anyway, he asked my mother for some money for food, as he had not eaten that day. She got out her purse and said there was about 25 cents in it–all she had.

She said to herself “Well, at least I have a roof over my head, but he doesn’t” and gave him all the money. He thanked her, and turned and walked down the sidewalk leading from our porch to the regular sidewalk, where she watched him disappear before her very eyes. Yes, he had feet, and they were walking, like normal feet. 🙂 She ran after him, but he was no where to be found.

The very next day she received a check in the mail for back child support–my father’s wages had been attached. And she was never without money to live on after that. She got a job working afternoon turn in a hospital, but my brother and I had to stay with my grandparents because there was no one to babysit, but we were taken care of. The old Italian man had a stroke and asked my mother to care for him after and deeded the house over to her, so she had shelter. When he died, he left everything to her, though it was not much. She then remarried when I was 12. We never had much, but we were always provided for, and never again were we destitute. My mother firmly believes this was an angel who visited her and she had been given some sort of a test. She is 87 yrs old now and can remember this as clear as a bell, and it never changes. I remember it also.

On 2 occasions I nearly had horrific accidents in my car and was saved by some unseen force. In one my car was picked up and turned the other way and the oncoming car avoided hitting mine. I believe an angel did this.

Last year around Christmas time I lost $40.00. I emptied my purse and every pocket in it, my wallet and change purse and the money was gone. I was upset, but oh well. On Christmas Eve I was sitting in my daughter’s church waiting for midnight Mass to begin when I said to my daughter “I forgot to bring money for the collection”. She said “Oh, I did too”.
A few minutes later I opened my purse to get a tissue and there, right on top of everything were two crisp neatly folded $20.00 bills! Now I had just been in that purse for my keys, etc. and there was no money. I think an angel put it there.

I have had an experience with the evil one, but I prefer not to go into that. Of course, Jesus protected me.
That is a beautiful story! I have had things like that too happen but I have a VERY close relationship with my Guardian Angel
 
Once I looked up in to the sky and saw a being with grey-black skin and many eyes. It had wings made of fire trailing behind it. I don’t know how I knew this, but I could feel the energy radiating off of it, and that the creature was righteous and there to protect me. Later on I was reading about the different kinds of angels and found out that it was a Seraph, exactly as they are described in the Bible. My patron Saint, Saint Francis also saw a Seraph in the sky. I think it was real.
 
Once I looked up in to the sky and saw a being with grey-black skin and many eyes. It had wings made of fire trailing behind it. I don’t know how I knew this, but I could feel the energy radiating off of it, and that the creature was righteous and there to protect me. Later on I was reading about the different kinds of angels and found out that it was a Seraph, exactly as they are described in the Bible. My patron Saint, Saint Francis also saw a Seraph in the sky. I think it was real.
WOAH! A vision of the Seraphim? That is an awesome treat!
 
Once I looked up in to the sky and saw a being with grey-black skin and many eyes. It had wings made of fire trailing behind it. I don’t know how I knew this, but I could feel the energy radiating off of it, and that the creature was righteous and there to protect me. Later on I was reading about the different kinds of angels and found out that it was a Seraph, exactly as they are described in the Bible. My patron Saint, Saint Francis also saw a Seraph in the sky. I think it was real.
Awesome!
 
:clapping: Phew. I honestly held my breath when I posted this.

Good job to you not listening to the voices. (I mean, there are always “voices”: external dissenters, internal doubters.)
*Because *you are absolutely right.
In no way am I telling you off. In no way do I think you are bad.
I am far too blunt for the forums and often misunderstood - but you, brilliant person that you are, got it. yay!
If someone does think those things, in any case, they are incorrect and should be shut out like the voices. I mean who’s to say they aren’t listening to their own voices? 🤷
Something in my head “popped” when I read your post to me. It helped me move away from what had been a pretty bad day, mental health-wise. So thank you once again! 👍
Thanks for that link. It’s good to know that even the very best of us struggle sometimes! 😊
Goodness. I don’t know where the word “corrupt” came from but I honestly couldn’t think of anything else based on my *personal *experience. I did not mean it to be directed at you but … well, I can see how that happened. 😊
Ah OK. Wasn’t sure if it was directed at me or not… my apologies! hugs
Thanks for sharing and for understanding my brutish method of communication. Now I need to go help my kids enjoy the sunshine a bit.
Peace and Blessings.
Hope you had a great time in the sunshine. God bless you! 😃
 
I was driving home from work along an interstate highway one friday night. Traffic was light, since it was later in the evening. There were four lanes in the direction I was traveling. I chose to drive in the far right (slow) lane. As I was driving I heard a voice, clear as a bell, telling me to move over to the left lane. I laughed to myself and kept driving. After a short time, I decided to move over one lane - just in case. As I drove up a slight incline I noticed a car driving to my right. I then saw a truck stopped in the right (slow) lane ahead. At that moment, the car on my right swerved to avoid the stopped truck, drove to the far left lane, overcorrected and struck me on my driver’s door. No one was injured, but I always wondered what would have become of me if I stayed in the right lane. I later found out that the truck (a 40 foot straight truck) stopped due to some electrical issue - so no lights warning that it was stopped.

The weird thing was that the voice was very clear. It seemed to come from behind me, but not really. More like directly from the back of my head.

Was it my guardian angel? Who knows?
 
I had a strange experience years ago that seemed like some sort of angelic intervention. I was out for a walk, and I was going to walk to the library to do a short errand, and then walk to a shopping center.

Before I got to the library, I saw a blind man, and I got this funny impression that I should help him across the street. I did help him across the street. This struck me as strange because it was the only time in my entire life that I had ever helped a blind man across the street.

I ran my errand in the library, and then I started walking toward the shopping center. As I approached a major intersection where two busy arterial streets come together, I saw there had been an accident. A wrecked car was sitting on the sidewalk because it had crashed into the electrical pole next to the sidewalk.

It seemed to have happened just minutes before I got there. I got the strange impression that I might have been walking across that intersection right at the time of the wreck if I hadn’t helped the blind man across the street!
 
“Listener”,

What you shared made me think of God’s “timing”.

The more we grow in unselfishness by being there for others, the more the Lord can plan our life to spiritually and physically benefit us!

You were an “angel” for that blind man.

.
There are the pure spirits (the entire hierarchy of choirs) created by God to be His helpers.

And then there is your friend who makes you chicken soup because you are sick. A human angel. 🙂
 
Was it my guardian angel? Who knows?
We knows… It WAS.
It seemed to have happened just minutes before I got there. I got the strange impression that I might have been walking across that intersection right at the time of the wreck if I hadn’t helped the blind man across the street!
You heard the voice of God telling you to help Him, for whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers…

Peace be with you Brother/sister Kanrok and Listener.

I had no idea that these stories will be on my thread. I am so glad I started it. I wanted to know if anyone still has Angel experiences and /or sightings, and I got more that I hoped.
For everyone else, keep those stories coming. Believe me, you are a big help to me and may god bless you.

Dominus vobiscum.
 
I was driving home from work along an interstate highway one friday night. Traffic was light, since it was later in the evening. There were four lanes in the direction I was traveling. I chose to drive in the far right (slow) lane. As I was driving I heard a voice, clear as a bell, telling me to move over to the left lane. I laughed to myself and kept driving. After a short time, I decided to move over one lane - just in case. As I drove up a slight incline I noticed a car driving to my right. I then saw a truck stopped in the right (slow) lane ahead. At that moment, the car on my right swerved to avoid the stopped truck, drove to the far left lane, overcorrected and struck me on my driver’s door. No one was injured, but I always wondered what would have become of me if I stayed in the right lane. I later found out that the truck (a 40 foot straight truck) stopped due to some electrical issue - so no lights warning that it was stopped.

The weird thing was that the voice was very clear. It seemed to come from behind me, but not really. More like directly from the back of my head.

Was it my guardian angel? Who knows?
I had a strange experience years ago that seemed like some sort of angelic intervention. I was out for a walk, and I was going to walk to the library to do a short errand, and then walk to a shopping center.

Before I got to the library, I saw a blind man, and I got this funny impression that I should help him across the street. I did help him across the street. This struck me as strange because it was the only time in my entire life that I had ever helped a blind man across the street.

I ran my errand in the library, and then I started walking toward the shopping center. As I approached a major intersection where two busy arterial streets come together, I saw there had been an accident. A wrecked car was sitting on the sidewalk because it had crashed into the electrical pole next to the sidewalk.

It seemed to have happened just minutes before I got there. I got the strange impression that I might have been walking across that intersection right at the time of the wreck if I hadn’t helped the blind man across the street!
The same woman I quoted earlier in this thread, the one who said that two priests had seen an angel in the form of another priest and not known they had seen an angel, also said that it is possible to learn to “listen” to subtle “hints” from your guardian angel.

First, always remember that your guardian angel will never tell you to do something evil, or something that harms somebody else. What she said was, if you have an impulse to do something, and by impulse to do something I don’t mean some large impulsive scary activity, but something small, like pick up a pencil for no reason, then go ahead; this may very well be your guardian angel strengthening your ability to receive instructions.

Guardian angels may tell you to do something like smile at somebody (it could turn out to be the highlight of their day), or ask a troubled person if they need help (example: an old woman struggling with a shopping bag that’s too heavy for her). More dramatically, they may also tell you to do something like pull over and stop by the side of the road. You might very well be either avoiding an accident about to happen, or preventing one entirely.

If, on the other hand, you get into the habit of never listening to your guardian angel, and then you succumb to temptation, you may end up listening to the other side more and more. Your guardian angel has “the first crack” at you. If you tell it not to let in any other angels, it won’t. If you ask it to let God’s good angels heal, help, or teach you, it will. But, if you ask it to let in evil, it will do that too. It has to let you exercise your free will.

By prayer and requests to God for discernment, you may over time become more perfect at acting in concert with the angels to do God’s will.

As for myself, I am just repeating things that I have read. I don’t think that I myself am particularly good at doing these things, although I am trying to improve.

In making this post, I think I am “sticking my neck out” and going beyond where I myself feel safe to go (at heart, I’m really just a boring old stick in the mud), but I have the feeling that I am doing the prompting of my guardian angel.

Also, because I confessed that I sometimes become very very angry and chew people out online in other forums, I was told by the priest when I went to confession on Saturday to do something charitable for somebody else. I haven’t done any single big thing, but with the example of St. Therese of Lisieux in mind, I have been trying to do enough small things that even if I don’t figure out something big to do, I will have done something charitable by the time a week has passed. By posting something I think might be of interest to the people reading this thread, I’m trying one more time to do a little act of charity. 🙂
 
I had an experience once a few years back. Then I didn’t know of the New age and because of my sister inlaw I got involved in it. She convinced me that meditation was good ( the kind where you blank your mind). I was truly seeking God at the time but the wrong way. One night I sat on my bed and thought I will meditate with my whole heart, mind and soul and I did…
I went off to sleep and had an awful dream of a demon. It was so black and had a huge built. It was like looking at a very black gorilla but with horns. I was so terrified I woke with a start only to realise the demon was actually in my room at the foot of my bed. Even if the room was in total darkness you could feel and see it. I was so scared I just squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to God to let me sleep immediately. God heard my prayers for I slept almost instantly. But the fright remained the next day and for a few weeks after this.

After I renewed my Catholic faith and was fire for Jesus and everything Catholic I had a dream where I was dressed in white in a white room. Everything was spotlessly white. Suddenly behind me was an angel and it was so dazzlingly white much whiter than the room. From behind me he touched my right arm and where he touched me, appeared a small white feather. This feather was also very white like the angel himself. I understood from the angel, without words, that I was to take this feather. In front of me suddenly I saw a sea of people all dirty and in rags. I realised I was to give the feather to the people in front of me. Each time the angel touched my arm a feather would appear and I had to give it to the next person in line in front of me. And that was what I did.
Not really sure what it meant but I understood it as I would have to pray for a lot of people…
 
I had an experience once a few years back. Then I didn’t know of the New age and because of my sister inlaw I got involved in it. She convinced me that meditation was good ( the kind where you blank your mind). I was truly seeking God at the time but the wrong way. One night I sat on my bed and thought I will meditate with my whole heart, mind and soul and I did…
I went off to sleep and had an awful dream of a demon. It was so black and had a huge built. It was like looking at a very black gorilla but with horns. I was so terrified I woke with a start only to realise the demon was actually in my room at the foot of my bed. Even if the room was in total darkness you could feel and see it. I was so scared I just squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to God to let me sleep immediately. God heard my prayers for I slept almost instantly. But the fright remained the next day and for a few weeks after this.

After I renewed my Catholic faith and was fire for Jesus and everything Catholic I had a dream where I was dressed in white in a white room. Everything was spotlessly white. Suddenly behind me was an angel and it was so dazzlingly white much whiter than the room. From behind me he touched my right arm and where he touched me, appeared a small white feather. This feather was also very white like the angel himself. I understood from the angel, without words, that I was to take this feather. In front of me suddenly I saw a sea of people all dirty and in rags. I realised I was to give the feather to the people in front of me. Each time the angel touched my arm a feather would appear and I had to give it to the next person in line in front of me. And that was what I did.
Not really sure what it meant but I understood it as I would have to pray for a lot of people…
Thank you for your post! What you said in your last sentence sounds right.

May our Lord Jesus Christ help us all to pray and reach out to others who do not know Him.
 
My Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I write this message to share with you my experience of actually “seeing” with my own eyes what I believe to be a real Angel of God. My sighting was not planned, I was not looking for one nor did I expect what happened to me.

**The following is my true and real recollection of my sighting. **

For many years I would work through the night on the second floor of my house. My office faced both the driveway and down the street and gave me a birds eye view of the neighbors houses caddy corned across the street from me.

There was so much turbulence in my house - some of it my fault - some if it not. OH MAN if anyone wants to talk about this on a PM or a phone call please let me know. One night while pulling an all-nighter - I looked out my window as I normally do and squatting across the street on the edge of my neighbors roof is a REAL ANGEL.

MY GOD these are not the creatures you think they are. They are HUGE. And incredibly beautiful. In a fraction of a second I KNEW IN MY HEART this was a warrior of GOD. The Angel I saw was all one color - like a pale glowing gold - with features - hair and beard kind of like an ancient roman or greek statue. Very very thick - everything the same incredibly rich glowing gold color - everything. The thing that was the most bizarre as the Angel’s hair was like blowing in it’s own wind. The night was incredibly still. Yet this Angels hair was blowing like someone pointed a fan at it. As fa as dress - some type of tunic - medium length with open toe sandals - more like what a roman prince would wear.

I would say 15 feet in a crouched position. Made me shudder as Instantly realized how powerful satans armies must be if God’s Warriors were this big.

The expression on this Angels face seemed to me like he was kind of mad with both mortals in general and me personally.

In the time I glanced from the Angels face to his foot - he vanished. A few years later after I described my experience to someone familiar with such encounters I was told I actually saw the Angel Gabriel. Live in technicolor.

I had a second experience also unplanned or expected. At the time I had met a new lady friend who wanted to “go to Church” on Sundays - yet somehow I sensed she was being insincere. Unfortunately years later my suspicions turned out to be true.

On one of our early outings to Church - I always received Holy Communion. I love Christ and any opportunity I have to be close to him I partake. So I am waiting in line - about 2 people in front of me - all of a sudden I look to my right and one of the ushers is motioning me towards him (one of the older gents who wear light blue jackets and collect money etc) towards a small white picket fence like an Easter Garden. I remember shrugging my shoulders and walking through the picket fence and then somehow I was zapped back in line. I received Holy Communion and returned to my seat. My girlfriend received Holy Communion also.

We both returned to our pew, finished Mass, went to the car and left. About 2 hours later I said to her “did something happen to me while receiving Holy Communion?”

She said OMG - one second you were in front of me - and the next second that I was “at the altar on the left side on the third step looking up with my eyes closed and my arms stretched wider apart then she had eve seen” and then all of a sudden I was back in line. If anyone knows what this was or means - please let me now.

With Gods Love For You All,

Jonathan
 
If indeed it was a good angel that you saw (and by the way they are bodiless spirits, but can take on an image to be seen by a human,)…then whatever it was supposed to mean to you or do for you was done at that time, so just thank the Lord and forget about it.

That is the sage advice of St. John of the Cross, Doctor of the Church on prayer. Our focus needs to be on God alone, so thank Him for his blessings and just move on.

Have a blessed and holy Christmas and New Year!

Dorothy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top