H
Hawkeye916
Guest
(Account being used for a friend to ask this question…)
Anonymous:
My fiancé and I spent the day together cleaning up and moving things into the new home he purchased that he and I will soon live in together once we are married.
When I first proposed getting together to clean up the house, he expressed some concern about us being alone together. I retorted that “as long as you keep your hands to yourself we wilI be fine…” I said this in half joking half serious.
The next day, the minute I arrived to the house to get work done and spend the day with my love, he runs to me and embraces me in a romantic, definitely not a hug you give to your mother kind of hug. He’s hugging me and being handsy and this type of interaction causes arousal. I jokingly push him away and playfully scold him for being so handsy BUT HE DOESNT STOP. This of course causes certain desires to arise and I DONT WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY! I push him away and tell him to knock it off at every change he gets and to some degree he abides by my requests, but throughout the day he sneaks in a few touches and kisses that I really rather he not.
I NEVER wanted to enter into the day with any feelings of arousal whatsoever. I am very much attracted to my fiancé and our chemistry is pretty solid and I understand that these types of reactions are not in themselves sinful, but I feel culpable to some degree because of the way I handled my interactions with him. I didn’t want to leave because I had to drive over an hour get to the house and I didn’t want to yell at him or be mean, so when he would be overly affectionate to the point where there were feelings of arousal, I would playfully shoo him away or jokingly threaten him if he didn’t stop. Perhaps I wasn’t stern enough in how I handled the situation…
We had a brief discussion at the end of the day and he apologized for being as handsy as he was and plans to go to confession tomorrow.
I guess my question is this, have I in anyway been an accomplice in sin in my situation I have explained to you today?
Anonymous:
My fiancé and I spent the day together cleaning up and moving things into the new home he purchased that he and I will soon live in together once we are married.
When I first proposed getting together to clean up the house, he expressed some concern about us being alone together. I retorted that “as long as you keep your hands to yourself we wilI be fine…” I said this in half joking half serious.
The next day, the minute I arrived to the house to get work done and spend the day with my love, he runs to me and embraces me in a romantic, definitely not a hug you give to your mother kind of hug. He’s hugging me and being handsy and this type of interaction causes arousal. I jokingly push him away and playfully scold him for being so handsy BUT HE DOESNT STOP. This of course causes certain desires to arise and I DONT WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY! I push him away and tell him to knock it off at every change he gets and to some degree he abides by my requests, but throughout the day he sneaks in a few touches and kisses that I really rather he not.
I NEVER wanted to enter into the day with any feelings of arousal whatsoever. I am very much attracted to my fiancé and our chemistry is pretty solid and I understand that these types of reactions are not in themselves sinful, but I feel culpable to some degree because of the way I handled my interactions with him. I didn’t want to leave because I had to drive over an hour get to the house and I didn’t want to yell at him or be mean, so when he would be overly affectionate to the point where there were feelings of arousal, I would playfully shoo him away or jokingly threaten him if he didn’t stop. Perhaps I wasn’t stern enough in how I handled the situation…
We had a brief discussion at the end of the day and he apologized for being as handsy as he was and plans to go to confession tomorrow.
I guess my question is this, have I in anyway been an accomplice in sin in my situation I have explained to you today?
Last edited: