F
felicity1984
Guest
I am really at a point where I don’t know what step to take next.
Almost 2 years ago, out of nowhere I started to develop something of an interest in the Catholic Church. (Whilst I was baptised and received sacraments when I was young, my family did not practice the faith.) I started to research a lot of the catholic faith. I have read a lot about the faith and more importantly I started to attend Mass. I summoned up the courage to speak to a priest at my local church; it was a helpful conversation. I must mention that I am married (very happily) to a non-catholic, (we had a civil marriage several years ago) and we have a little baby girl.
I can not help but go over and over the wrong way in which I have lived my life, go over and over the fact that I don’t really allow a space for God in my life. I realise that I have made my situation worse; that I have alienated myself from the church, and really my marriage isn’t even going to be considered as being done in the correct manner.
Since giving birth to my beautiful little baby, I am sure that God is tugging at me again. But I cannot bring myself to go Mass again, and I find prayer very difficult. All I get is a feeling of guilt and hypocrisy. It feels wrong to even consider taking my daughter into a church; I am struggling to understand where I stand with God and if there is a way back to him for me??
Have I cut myself off completely??
To be honest, I have tried to put all these thoughts to the back of my mind, and to get on with ‘living my life’ but I can no longer ignore these thoughts and recently I have been having dreams almost all of these relating to me not being able to receive communion.
My little one is very young and sometimes before she sleeps at night I have found myself saying a little prayer as I cuddle her and lay her down, only now am I starting to understand how much God must love us. I think my little girl is helping me to see that, and I would really like to be able to teach her about God but my husband doesn’t want her raised catholic and doesn’t feel the need for faith/God to be part of our lives.
I know that I have a lot of things to work through, and that there isn’t a quick fix. I desire to let God into my life somehow and I am not sure where to go now, what my next step will be? What direction should I take?
Sometimes writing things down helps, hence this long story.
Any advice that you have would be appreciated but more than anything would it be ok to ask you to say a little prayer for us? especially for my little girl?
Thank you.
Almost 2 years ago, out of nowhere I started to develop something of an interest in the Catholic Church. (Whilst I was baptised and received sacraments when I was young, my family did not practice the faith.) I started to research a lot of the catholic faith. I have read a lot about the faith and more importantly I started to attend Mass. I summoned up the courage to speak to a priest at my local church; it was a helpful conversation. I must mention that I am married (very happily) to a non-catholic, (we had a civil marriage several years ago) and we have a little baby girl.
I can not help but go over and over the wrong way in which I have lived my life, go over and over the fact that I don’t really allow a space for God in my life. I realise that I have made my situation worse; that I have alienated myself from the church, and really my marriage isn’t even going to be considered as being done in the correct manner.
Since giving birth to my beautiful little baby, I am sure that God is tugging at me again. But I cannot bring myself to go Mass again, and I find prayer very difficult. All I get is a feeling of guilt and hypocrisy. It feels wrong to even consider taking my daughter into a church; I am struggling to understand where I stand with God and if there is a way back to him for me??
Have I cut myself off completely??
To be honest, I have tried to put all these thoughts to the back of my mind, and to get on with ‘living my life’ but I can no longer ignore these thoughts and recently I have been having dreams almost all of these relating to me not being able to receive communion.
My little one is very young and sometimes before she sleeps at night I have found myself saying a little prayer as I cuddle her and lay her down, only now am I starting to understand how much God must love us. I think my little girl is helping me to see that, and I would really like to be able to teach her about God but my husband doesn’t want her raised catholic and doesn’t feel the need for faith/God to be part of our lives.
I know that I have a lot of things to work through, and that there isn’t a quick fix. I desire to let God into my life somehow and I am not sure where to go now, what my next step will be? What direction should I take?
Sometimes writing things down helps, hence this long story.
Any advice that you have would be appreciated but more than anything would it be ok to ask you to say a little prayer for us? especially for my little girl?
Thank you.