T
traillius
Guest
I find myself involved with, among other things, spiritual warfare. So when I pray, how should I address this. Can I say " I rebuke you satan " or should I say instead " may the Lord rebuke satan. "
Agree with this, always ask the Lord to rebulk Satan and his minions. Lily is making a very good point…I think it’s somewhere in scripture that even St Michael himself said nothing more to the devil than ‘May the Lord rebuke you’.
I think it is asking for trouble to attempt to directly address the Evil One or any other evil spirit. Most exorcists advise not to do so - at least not for laypeople.
I don’t think there is any official rule that says not to rebuke directly, but I personally think it is safer to ask God to do any rebuking, casting out, etc. As Lily said it is not recommended that the average person use “I” commands with demons. At the SPCDC, we recommend praying to God rather than commanding directly.I find myself involved with, among other things, spiritual warfare. So when I pray, how should I address this. Can I say " I rebuke you satan " or should I say instead " may the Lord rebuke satan. "
JT,Often when the devil is tempting me to think bad thoughts about myself (i.e. you’re worthless) I say in my head something like “I hate you! you’re a liar! Go to hell!” It’s just a reaction though, not a prayer (I do pray too of course) so you made me think about that.