Have to put my cat to sleep

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to you and you and your cat are in my prayers. You are giving your kitty a selfless gift and I know it is agonizing. I will be praying for you.

Hugs,

Maria1212
 
That is the most painful decision for a pet owner, and knowing it was right doesn’t help much.
My heart goes out to you, I’ve been in that situation and will probably have to do it again.
Stay with your cat until the end, that is all you can do.
:hug:
 
I work with rescues and happened on a Yoda a little guy this weekend who was abandoned on the street and survived a lot of issues. He’s small for his age but as sweet as they come. I held him and that was it. I adopted him Sunday. Now to get him and my other cat Rasta to get on. Rasta hasn’t been taking it too well she’s super sensitive and feels slighted I guess though I tried to give her lots of attention. They are still in separate rooms for awhile getting used to each others scents. I’ll switch them tonight and slowly introduce them at the end of the week. Wish me luck. I still miss Ricky though he was a gem and obeyed me when I called. He would also come up and tap me with his paw when he wanted something. I think he’ll always be my favorite.
 
I am sorry. I know it hurts when you put an animal down–it’s a tough decision knowing when it’s the best time. But you did the right thing, used your heart and your best judgement. And I am sure your pet enjoyed a happy life with you and brought you joy. I hope the memories continue to bring you joy and I hope you are feeling better.
 
I’m so sorry about your poor cat. It is so hard to lose a pet. Ask St. Francis to pray for you and know that your cat is in heaven. I have always believed that our pets are such pure and faithful creatures that God takes very good care of them up in heaven after they pass.
This. Been there multiple times, and you have my prayers and support. We will see them again, and while this temporary separation happens, you will have the love and memories that your cat has given you to comfort you.
 
Luv,

It is always hard to say “goodbye” to a loved one. I had to let my “son”, the sweetest Siberian Husky ever; go 6 years this Oct 13 at 10:35 am. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do and I was a wreck for weeks afterwards. I still get misty at times when I remember how special he is. But he also was suffering and I could not stand that, it was better to let him go and be at peace and let him suffer for my selfish desire to keep him for a little longer.

Remember that you are not alone, and even though I do not know for sure I pray that God grants our “adopted children” access into his Kingdom when we are also called.

May God bless and keep you always.

Winter
 
I’m so sorry!

I’ve never owned a cat but watching my beloved dog of 14 years pass away was heartbreaking.

We got her as a pup when I was 7 and we grew up with her. She was with me, in my room, during her final hours. My dad had called the vet to get her checked out because none of us wanted to accept that this was it for her.

She passed away on the way to the vet.

Pets are such beautiful creatures God made for us.
 
I’m so sorry!

I’ve never owned a cat but watching my beloved dog of 14 years pass away was heartbreaking.

We got her as a pup when I was 7 and we grew up with her. She was with me, in my room, during her final hours. My dad had called the vet to get her checked out because none of us wanted to accept that this was it for her.

She passed away on the way to the vet.

Pets are such beautiful creatures God made for us.
Sorry for you loss. I’ve had to put 3 cats down so I understand completely.
 
So sorry for this…but I too agree that it’s best to put your cat to sleep. Last summer, we had to put our 12 year old dog to sleep and it broke my heart. She was truly an angel and I’ve got a disability so we spent tons of time together. We have an 8 month old pup and she’s fun but tough…but she will never replace my other dog. My heart goes out to you…😦
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top