D
dulcissima
Guest
Usually when I make the whole Thanksgiving meal myself I start a couple of days in advance. Just wondering if anyone else does that and what their strategies are.
We are eating our Thanksgiving dinner a day early, so today, since my ex is taking the kids to the Grand Canyon tomorrow. For the first year ever, I am doing it all in one day, although I am going to skip a couple of things I normally make that aren’t the kids’ favorites.
Right now I made the dough for yeast rolls and they are in the refrigerator doing the slow rise. I am about to make the cornbread for the dressing, which I really should have done yesterday.
I’m not making pies this year, which reduces my workload considerably. I bought a pecan pie at the request of my daughter and vanilla ice cream and chocolate macadamia nut cookies at the request of my sons. Not having to roll out dough cuts down the day’s work, and it is all seeming doable and not like a race.
We are eating our Thanksgiving dinner a day early, so today, since my ex is taking the kids to the Grand Canyon tomorrow. For the first year ever, I am doing it all in one day, although I am going to skip a couple of things I normally make that aren’t the kids’ favorites.
Right now I made the dough for yeast rolls and they are in the refrigerator doing the slow rise. I am about to make the cornbread for the dressing, which I really should have done yesterday.
I’m not making pies this year, which reduces my workload considerably. I bought a pecan pie at the request of my daughter and vanilla ice cream and chocolate macadamia nut cookies at the request of my sons. Not having to roll out dough cuts down the day’s work, and it is all seeming doable and not like a race.