Have you used LadyComp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sainthumbert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sainthumbert

Guest
Can someone tell me about using LadyComp?

How long does it have to be used before it becomes accurate? Can it be used after a birth with no breastfeeding? If so, how long does it have to be used to become accurate?

Does it take into account the length of time sperm remains effective?

How is the reading taken? Orally?
 
It looks like it is a BBT-only system. Based on my dated knowledge of STM, I suspect it should be accurate for post-ovulatory infertility the first month and for pre-ovulatory infertility within two or three months (with the highest accuracy after about a year). Some women have trouble with consistent temperatures, however. For them a BBT-only system might not work at all.

If you prefer computerized monitors, have you considered the Marquette system? It uses a monitor that measures hormone levels. As such, it probably works with a greater number of women.

Most of the other questions I don’t have an immediate answer to. However, oral temperature is the least invasive useful reading. Youmight find the answer to the rest of your questions on the LadyComp FAQ.
 
I have one.

How long until accurate? It will give you yellow lights (meaning it does not know where you are on a cycle) until roughly a full cycle has taken place. Once it detects a spike in your temperature and recognizes ovulation has taken place, it waits about 3 days or so, and then it will give you greens. I’ve been using mine so long that I am kind of guessing it takes 1 full cycle (I can’t remember back that far). If you start it the day after you ovulate, you will have a whole month before it sees a spike. If you start using it two weeks before ovulation, it might start giving you greens sooner. The longer you use it, the more greens you get.

After any of my births, I waited until my cycle returned to use it again. Could I have used it sooner? I don’t know. I chose not to.

Yes it does calculate sperm life. I probably start ovulating around day 14-16, but it puts me on a red at day 6ish. (my numbers are guesstimations because my machine does all the work for me–I don’t have to remember numbers, I just look for red, yellow, or green)

Yes, orally.
 
I am the happy husband of a Lady Comp using wife. We were charting previously, and the Lady Comp definitely increased the number of “green” days for us. It is easy to use, and very accurate. We do get more green light days as it learns the cycle.

As to specific questions, I believe the user’s manual is available on the web. The temp taking takes around one minute. It accounts for all sorts of variables, including sperm life and (IIRC) postpartum issues. It is usable right out of the box, although the data improves with use.

We could not be more pleased with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top