Having Wandered Into Purgatory (SPLIT)

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbacks5439
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But where does it mention any amount of time being spent there?
 
please do not miss under stand me i am not un inteligent just ignorent i would like to see you break down the chapter so a better way to discribe this purgutory which i might add sound terrible!!! however so dose hell… i guess i belive that when you die that is the end of it eaither you are saved and go to heaven or you are lost and you go to hell i don’t think there needs to be an in between God is ALL knowing and Allseeing and He knows if you go to heaven or hell are you saying he needs to to think because by that you would not belive he is ALL knowing. are you insulting Gods abilities??? Sorry Still lost Just wat is Going on in this head of mine.
 
But where does it mention any amount of time being spent there?
The time spent in Purgatory varies from person to person. Suffering is redemptive, whether done here on Earth or in Purgatory. If you look at the lives of the saints, you can see just how much they suffered. I’d expect their time in Purgatory to be minimal. How else can we be perfected and made pure if not through suffering? Purgatory just finishes the job. And yes, I agree, we are united in suffering. We are called to raise our crosses, aren’t we?
 
please do not miss under stand me i am not un inteligent just ignorent i would like to see you break down the chapter so a better way to discribe this purgutory which i might add sound terrible!!! however so dose hell… i guess i belive that when you die that is the end of it eaither you are saved and go to heaven or you are lost and you go to hell i don’t think there needs to be an in between God is ALL knowing and Allseeing and He knows if you go to heaven or hell are you saying he needs to to think because by that you would not belive he is ALL knowing. are you insulting Gods abilities??? Sorry Still lost Just wat is Going on in this head of mine.
I’ll try to be patient. I agree, either someone goes to Hell or Heaven. There is no in between. Like I said, Purgatory isn’t a place, but a state. I explained a little more in my most recent response to sooner about suffering being redemptive. Let me compare Purgatory and Hell. They are the same in every way except for 2 things. Purgatory is temporary and hope exists. You won’t stay in Purgatory forever and you certainly will have hope. Personally, I will be glad to be in Purgatory because I know that I am saved and I am being prepared to meet God, face to face! I think I might’ve scared you with the Hell-Purgatory comparison. Here’s another way to look at it. Pretend that all the sins you’ve committed, you sinful nature, all that isn’t impure is mud on your shoes. Now pretend you’re entering God’s house, but you can’t track mud cuz God will get mad. So before you enter, you sit down, take off your shoes, and you spray them off with the hose. Now they are clean, and you can enter God’s house. That’s Purgatory. Preparing you to feast at God’s table.
 
It concerns me when you say we have sins aftre we die. If that’s true, then explain Psalms 103:11-12
 
I’ll try to be patient. I agree, either someone goes to Hell or Heaven. There is no in between. Like I said, Purgatory isn’t a place, but a state. I explained a little more in my most recent response to sooner about suffering being redemptive. Let me compare Purgatory and Hell. They are the same in every way except for 2 things. Purgatory is temporary and hope exists. You won’t stay in Purgatory forever and you certainly will have hope. Personally, I will be glad to be in Purgatory because I know that I am saved and I am being prepared to meet God, face to face! I think I might’ve scared you with the Hell-Purgatory comparison. Here’s another way to look at it. Pretend that all the sins you’ve committed, you sinful nature, all that isn’t impure is mud on your shoes. Now pretend you’re entering God’s house, but you can’t track mud cuz God will get mad. So before you enter, you sit down, take off your shoes, and you spray them off with the hose. Now they are clean, and you can enter God’s house. That’s Purgatory. Preparing you to feast at God’s table.
I appiricate your patients…now if you were reall reading my last post then you would understand that i belive that when i die my shoes will already be clean persai not because i am perfect but because i am washed in the blood of the lamb and my spot is already reserved therfore i don’t have to be polished jesus ate with sinners (every one from the weathy, healthy, and the beautiful to the poor, ugly and lepers) on a daily baisis ne did not say “you there give me your arm and then you can eatwith me” instead he said you there child i love you so i am coming to you r house for dinner if that is okay." so how can you say that We as common day belivers have to be polished in order to be in the presence of the most beutiful sight of my comprehension???
 
It concerns me when you say we have sins aftre we die. If that’s true, then explain Psalms 103:11-12
God always forgives us. In the Catholic Tradition, God forgets our sins. It’s like they never were committed. However, the stains are still there. Refer to my analogy to monty about the mud on the boots. It’s not so much that God is punishing for our sins, but that our natures are still broken. They’re still imperfect. Purgatory corrects that imperfection and removes the stains. This is God’s love at its best. Our parents gives us punishments whenever we do wrong. Not that they hate us, but they love us so much that they really really want us to learn our lesson. That is why Purgatory has hope. We hope to see God. In Hell, we don’t have that hope because we are forever banished, forever punished.
 
No, when your mortal body dies, the pure spirit leaves it and goes to be with the Lord. Then God gives us a new body. An immortal body. No where does it say you will spent a time in another state.
 
Why is this thread so far off topic when there are other threads that deal specifically with Purgatory and that is not the topic of this thread?

Purgatory
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
 
I appiricate your patients…now if you were reall reading my last post then you would understand that i belive that when i die my shoes will already be clean persai not because i am perfect but because i am washed in the blood of the lamb and my spot is already reserved therfore i don’t have to be polished jesus ate with sinners (every one from the weathy, healthy, and the beautiful to the poor, ugly and lepers) on a daily baisis ne did not say “you there give me your arm and then you can eatwith me” instead he said you there child i love you so i am coming to you r house for dinner if that is okay." so how can you say that We as common day belivers have to be polished in order to be in the presence of the most beutiful sight of my comprehension???
This is where you would have to get involved in Old Testament Theology. Before Christ, anybody who was saved couldn’t enter Heaven. Under the Old Testament system, no one could be declared as righteous. With the Blood of Christ, these folks who have been waiting finally released and are able to enter Heaven, because Christ’s suffering atoned for their sins, because they did not know Christ. In New Testament Theology, however, we do know Christ, and now we are held accountable for what we do. We are not once saved, always saved, because Paul commands us to endure to the end. Plus, could you give book, chapter, and verse that supports your belief that once you die, you’re automatically made clean? I just don’t remember Paul saying that.
 
how about hebrew 9:11-15 but mainly v.15
My study bible had this commentary:
Code:
"Jesus' role as mediator of the New Covenant is based upon His sacrificial death. His death has effected deliverance from transgressions, i.e., deliverance from sins committed under the old covenant, which the Mosaic sacrifices incapable of effacing. Until this happened, the eternal inheritance promised by God could not be obtained. This effect of His work follows the human pattern by which a last will and testament becomes effective only with the death of the testator. The Mosaic covenant was also associated with death, for Moses made use of blood to seal the pact between God and the people. In Old Testament tradtion, guilt could normally not be remitted without the use of blood.
Jesus did away with the Mosaic covenant by His blood. No longer are we bound to the law, but now by faith. Our faith in Jesus saves us, but isn’t the only thing needed. We must do good works in a system of grace in faith in order to be saved. These good works will withstand the fires of Purgatory, where our bad works, our sins, will burn up.
 
Ok, then tell me where it says that we have a stain on us and that is must be removed in purgatory?
 
Ok, then tell me where it says that we have a stain on us and that is must be removed in purgatory?
1 Cor. 3:10-15. What did Paul mean by gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw? The first 3 describe good works, where wood, hay, and straw refer to our bad works, our sins, which will be burned up. I do have other scripture that talk about Purgatory, but I have reservations because those books are not considered canonical to protestants. I hope if you have an open mind, I’d be glad to show them to you.
 
well i guess that you will soot the job very well… however i will pray that You are th one to find the TRUTH. God bless and good night.
 
Did you guys know that the Orthodox Jews believe in a “purgatory” to this day?
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top