T
Tornaaado
Guest
I found out about a month ago that my husband cheated on me a few times. The first time was back in March and April of 2012. He slept with the girl 3 times (the last time without a condom) and when she told him that she loved him, he told her about me.
On our 2 year anniversary (July 3rd) he left me saying he had to go to a local college for an interview and insisted I didn’t go with him. (It was 2 hrs away) He met another girl that night. He wouldn’t answer his phone and I thought something had happened to him. He claimed that he left late and was too tired to drive all the way home so he slept at a rest stop. (I later found out he slept on her couch.) This was the day before I was set to fly out of state to see my family. I returned 10 days later. He had the following day off of work and instead of spending it with me, he met another woman and had sex with her. He disappeared for over 24 hrs that day/night and after calling hospitals to find him, I eventually tried to look at phone records to contact the person he was supposed to be with…when I opened his computer I saw his profile open for a dating site (the same site we met on) and counted 8 conversations he was having with other women.
Since he has been caught, I have tried working on us…he said he didn’t want a divorce but he continued to call these girls he had been talking to. When I saw the phone records, there were too many numbers to keep track of and really count.
We had started to work it out, and then this past week he told me that the girl back in March and April had contacted him to say she is pregnant. The timing is right for it to be his…but we won’t know for sure until she has the kid. (Jan 1st is her due date) I told him that he would have to choose between me or the baby. I know that if it turns out to be his, I will have to be there for him to have anything to do with it if we work on our marriage. This kid will take away our time together, our money and will remain a constant reminder of what he did. Whether I mean for it to or not, my resentment towards the kid will come out in my actions towards it. He doesn’t love the other girl, he would have left me months ago if he did, but he doesn’t want to leave the child alone if it ends up being his. The girl admitted that she only contacted him because she is trying to get him back. I sent her a message to let her know that all contact would have to go through me…and then he called her to respond to a text. (even after I said if he contacted her, I would divorce him)
We are scheduled to see a priest tomorrow. I was trying to find out the Catholic viewpoint on how to handle a child born out of adultry to get an idea of what Father would say. I feel like I have put up with quite a bit…but I can’t bring myself to be ok with that kid being a part of our lives if we will salvage our marriage. It’s me or the kid…what would the Catholic church have to say about that? Any thoughts?
On our 2 year anniversary (July 3rd) he left me saying he had to go to a local college for an interview and insisted I didn’t go with him. (It was 2 hrs away) He met another girl that night. He wouldn’t answer his phone and I thought something had happened to him. He claimed that he left late and was too tired to drive all the way home so he slept at a rest stop. (I later found out he slept on her couch.) This was the day before I was set to fly out of state to see my family. I returned 10 days later. He had the following day off of work and instead of spending it with me, he met another woman and had sex with her. He disappeared for over 24 hrs that day/night and after calling hospitals to find him, I eventually tried to look at phone records to contact the person he was supposed to be with…when I opened his computer I saw his profile open for a dating site (the same site we met on) and counted 8 conversations he was having with other women.
Since he has been caught, I have tried working on us…he said he didn’t want a divorce but he continued to call these girls he had been talking to. When I saw the phone records, there were too many numbers to keep track of and really count.
We had started to work it out, and then this past week he told me that the girl back in March and April had contacted him to say she is pregnant. The timing is right for it to be his…but we won’t know for sure until she has the kid. (Jan 1st is her due date) I told him that he would have to choose between me or the baby. I know that if it turns out to be his, I will have to be there for him to have anything to do with it if we work on our marriage. This kid will take away our time together, our money and will remain a constant reminder of what he did. Whether I mean for it to or not, my resentment towards the kid will come out in my actions towards it. He doesn’t love the other girl, he would have left me months ago if he did, but he doesn’t want to leave the child alone if it ends up being his. The girl admitted that she only contacted him because she is trying to get him back. I sent her a message to let her know that all contact would have to go through me…and then he called her to respond to a text. (even after I said if he contacted her, I would divorce him)
We are scheduled to see a priest tomorrow. I was trying to find out the Catholic viewpoint on how to handle a child born out of adultry to get an idea of what Father would say. I feel like I have put up with quite a bit…but I can’t bring myself to be ok with that kid being a part of our lives if we will salvage our marriage. It’s me or the kid…what would the Catholic church have to say about that? Any thoughts?
