A
ab75
Guest
For if we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 A man who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy at the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by the man who has spurned the Son of God, and profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Hebrews has always been a very difficult letter for me. There is so much symbolism and I’m not yet familiar enough with Old Testiment theology, but what do people believe the general meaning of this is. I’ve always been taught/believe that any sin could be forgiven with true repentence. On first look, this verse doesn’t look as charitable.
Hebrews has always been a very difficult letter for me. There is so much symbolism and I’m not yet familiar enough with Old Testiment theology, but what do people believe the general meaning of this is. I’ve always been taught/believe that any sin could be forgiven with true repentence. On first look, this verse doesn’t look as charitable.