hell

  • Thread starter Thread starter CuriousM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to look at this very simply. Hell is the total and complete loss FOREVER and EVER of hope. No more second chances, no more maybe tomorrow, no more chance at redemption. We had our chance and blew it. FOR ALL ETERNITY. Therein lies the utter agony and misery of hell. Our souls and resurrected bodies (at the end of time) are spiritual. They cannot be destroyed or decay etc. We will have full knowledge that we will never ever get to be with God. This fire of knowledge that will burn inside those who have chosen hell are all consuming. They will probably wish that flames would consume them. They won’t. I cannot even imagine how terrible that could be. We all have choices to make while living our lives. God, in His perfection, cannot tamper with free will. He gives us every possible opportunity to save ourselves.So, therefore, the complete loss of HOPE that we can still get to God is ended.
 
When I was younger, I never gave hell much thought. On some level, I assumed that hell was a place that had been invented to scare people into obedience to God.

Yet, with every new story I hear about near death experiences and doctors’ testimonies from seeing people going in and out of flatlining before perishing permanently, I really DO believe in a very literal and very permanent hell.

Had it just been a small handful of stories about what people experienced, I might have brushed it off, but it just seems that, regardless of where the person lived or what they believed, they all have strikingly similar stories to tell of their first minutes in hell and some of the descriptions they give as to what hell looks like go beyond what the average person’s imagination can cook up.

I personally don’t want to chance it, in the hopes that when you die, nothing happens. Outside of pain, the one thing people in hell seem to all feel is REGRET. Regret for not having taken the words of the Lord seriously.

Yes, hell is avoidable, but few will trust God enough to learn that before they die… and of course by then, it’s too late unless you’re one of the very few fortunate souls to return from the actual fires of hell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top