J
jmcan5160
Guest
Hello all and thanks for your help and prayers. Before reading further I would like to warn you that this is personal and related to sexual sin so if you do not feel comfortable offering advice or reading further please do not feel pressured. However if you will not be bothered I really need a woman’s advice as well.
I have been dating my girlfriend for almost a year and I love her very deeply. I admire so much about her, she is the most honest person I know, supportive of everything I do, and helps me to grow in my faith. However the most difficult part of her relationship is her struggle with her self-worth and she has always had problems trusting me due to past experiences with men who have hurt or cheated on her.
I rarely struggle with lust or pornography, and throughout our relationship I never did except once a couple of months ago. I always promised to be honest and tell her if something like that ever happened and so I did. This has destroyed her and now she feels completely worthless and wants me to leave her so she doesn’t have to deal with the pain of being “unwanted.”
I love her so dearly and am working so hard to repair the wounds this has caused, but I don’t know how to make her understand that I really do love her, want to marry her and be with her more than anything else, and think she’s beautiful. She says it is impossible for us to be physical because she “knows” that I don’t really want to be with her and that I’m really tricking myself into loving her because I want something else. I don’t know why she doesn’t understand that I’m actually attracted to her. Advice, thoughts, prayers and any help would be so dearly appreciated, God bless you all.
I have been dating my girlfriend for almost a year and I love her very deeply. I admire so much about her, she is the most honest person I know, supportive of everything I do, and helps me to grow in my faith. However the most difficult part of her relationship is her struggle with her self-worth and she has always had problems trusting me due to past experiences with men who have hurt or cheated on her.
I rarely struggle with lust or pornography, and throughout our relationship I never did except once a couple of months ago. I always promised to be honest and tell her if something like that ever happened and so I did. This has destroyed her and now she feels completely worthless and wants me to leave her so she doesn’t have to deal with the pain of being “unwanted.”
I love her so dearly and am working so hard to repair the wounds this has caused, but I don’t know how to make her understand that I really do love her, want to marry her and be with her more than anything else, and think she’s beautiful. She says it is impossible for us to be physical because she “knows” that I don’t really want to be with her and that I’m really tricking myself into loving her because I want something else. I don’t know why she doesn’t understand that I’m actually attracted to her. Advice, thoughts, prayers and any help would be so dearly appreciated, God bless you all.