Help and prayers

  • Thread starter Thread starter chartrav
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chartrav

Guest
I am asking for prayers for me and my marriage. I feel like a fraud. I have been married 16 years, trying to live a faithful Catholic life, have been open to life and am a mom to 6 children. My marriage has disentegrated over the years to seething resentment on my husband’s part. Everyone sees a wonderful family that has it together on the outside. My relationship with Jesus should be more than enough for me. Why isn’t it? I try very hard to present a good front to my children and keep the marriage together for them. I know that my husband and I should be helping each other attain heaven - I am trying but just want to run somewhere that doesn’t hurt. He will not go to counseling and mocks me for having feelings. I try to be mindful of his family of origin and the lack of love shown. I feel abandoned by God, but also that I deserve this for the way I was living when I met my husband. Like this is part of my temporal punishment for sexual sins before marriage. My youngest is not yet 2, so I have a long time to go as far as staying together for the kids. Please pray for me and my husband. I have no one to turn to.
 
Retrovaue,

I’m pretty sure I spelled that wrong. It’s a great resource for struggling couples. Your parish may know where they are being held. Praying for you! 🙂
 
Thank you. I am pretty sure he would not go to Retrovaille. Wish there was a support group for people trying to tough it out without the support of their spouse.
 
Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
And ever shall be,
World without end.
Amen!
 
I am asking for prayers for me and my marriage. I feel like a fraud. I have been married 16 years, trying to live a faithful Catholic life, have been open to life and am a mom to 6 children. My marriage has disentegrated over the years to seething resentment on my husband’s part. Everyone sees a wonderful family that has it together on the outside. My relationship with Jesus should be more than enough for me. Why isn’t it? I try very hard to present a good front to my children and keep the marriage together for them. I know that my husband and I should be helping each other attain heaven - I am trying but just want to run somewhere that doesn’t hurt. He will not go to counseling and mocks me for having feelings. I try to be mindful of his family of origin and the lack of love shown. I feel abandoned by God, but also that I deserve this for the way I was living when I met my husband. Like this is part of my temporal punishment for sexual sins before marriage. My youngest is not yet 2, so I have a long time to go as far as staying together for the kids. Please pray for me and my husband. I have no one to turn to.
You confessed your sins so they are forgiven, put the guilt of the past behind you, maybe try and read some christian books on marriage, joyce meyers has one Help me I"m married, I read it years ago when I felt unhappy with being married, and later I loaned it to two friends and were all still married. Every marriage goes though dry spells as you know, so your not alone, and with 6 children I imagine it can be stressful. Put your heart into your marriage and family.
 
Prayers for you and your family and that your children will learn happiness and love from you, as they need to have that modeling for at least one of their parents to make happy marriages when they grow.
 
All powerful and merciful Father,
Refresher of the weary,
Our comfort in sorrow,
Our strength in weakness,
Hear the prayers which we sinners make to you.
Save and sustain us in our present need,
and help us to face the future with courage.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen!
 
Lord God we entrust to You these children, their mother, their father.
Please heal, guide for the best, and Thy will be done.
 
**Hail Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Hail Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Hail Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.**
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top