C
crazzeto
Guest
I have a friend who is uninsured and is in depesperate need of finding some good quality low cost medical services, preferably specific to women. She tells me she’s had her period 5 times in the last two months, being a guy I’m no expert but that sounds excessive to me.
Part of what motivated me to write this is she made the comment “I wish there was a planned parenthood near by”… I cringed when she typed that on IM to me. So, here’s a challenge to us pro-lifers, probably more specifically the women here since I’m sure the guys (like me) will tend to be less aware of services available. Where can a impovrished woman go, to be checked up for an issue such as this, that doesn’t involve in some way supporting planned parenthood?
And maybe if we can’t think of any such place, perhaps we can start some discussions about creating such places. I checked birth choice’s website first, but they seem to offer pregnacy related services and not much else. Maybe it’s time we started offering more complete women’s health clinics, at low cost?
Edit
If it’s any help, she’s in Greenville NC.
Part of what motivated me to write this is she made the comment “I wish there was a planned parenthood near by”… I cringed when she typed that on IM to me. So, here’s a challenge to us pro-lifers, probably more specifically the women here since I’m sure the guys (like me) will tend to be less aware of services available. Where can a impovrished woman go, to be checked up for an issue such as this, that doesn’t involve in some way supporting planned parenthood?
And maybe if we can’t think of any such place, perhaps we can start some discussions about creating such places. I checked birth choice’s website first, but they seem to offer pregnacy related services and not much else. Maybe it’s time we started offering more complete women’s health clinics, at low cost?
Edit
If it’s any help, she’s in Greenville NC.