J
Jesus1
Guest
Please help me! About 10 years ago, God dealt with me to stop gossiping, so I did. But now, we’ve moved to a different state, and it seems that everyone wants to gossip, even about people that are just right across the room. What is a good way to deal with this? I’ve tried to change the subject, but that doesn’t seem to help. So, I avoid some people now since I just don’t know what to say or do. I try to work to evangelize and bring others deeper into their understanding and love for the Catholic Church, and I feel/know that if I get sucked into this, or brought into the middle of these gossip fests, it’s going to hurt my efforts. I want people to know that they can trust being around me, saying whatever they need to when they are searching for spiritual direction. I’m concerned that this gossiping is goingto hurt what I do.
Any suggestions on things that have worked for you??
God bless
Any suggestions on things that have worked for you??
God bless
and a wise priest that was willing to listen. I see gossip as some sort for slow murder, because the effects on the victim can be very dramatic even if they don’t show outside!