J
joshkt79
Guest
I’ve been in and out the Catholic church for many years now. I’ll get in these “moods” where I start to criticize everything about our faith. I get really angry when I see people in church who commit adultery, steal, lie, cheat, but they’re at church every single Sunday. Just today, I saw a woman about my age (33) standing in line for confession. She honestly looked like she killed someone. Very distraught and mumbling to herself. As soon as she gets out of the confessional, she’s all smiles and now happy to everyone. I just don’t get it. For example, someone who commits adultery, even though they take it to confessional, still committed adultery. You can’t take it back. You can be forgiven, but it’s always going to be there.
I’m ranting and I apologize for that. I’m sure what I just said maybe didn’t make much sense, so I’ll tell it in a story.
Two men, both age 40, will die on the same day. First guy is Rob. Rob is married but cheats on his wife, abuses his wife and kids, is on drugs and alcohol and also steals from work. Rob hasn’t been to church in over 10 years. One Sunday morning, he feels guilty and sorry for what he’s been doing. He decided to go to church and confession. The Priest forgives him of all his sins. As he leaves the church, he is struck by a care and dies.
Second guy is Bill. Bill is also married and has kids. He has never cheated or abused his kids. Bill has been to church every Sunday in his life. He gives 10% of his salary to the church and is a model citizen. Bill also donates to other charitable organizations and is involved in the community. One Sunday morning, Bill decides he doesn’t want to go to church today. He isn’t sorry about it, just doesn’t really want to get out of bed and wants to relax. He goes out to get the newspaper and is struck by a car and dies.
So, because Rob confessed his sins. he is more likely to get to heaven than Bill is, even though Bill has been a better person than Rob is whole life.
Anyone?
I’m ranting and I apologize for that. I’m sure what I just said maybe didn’t make much sense, so I’ll tell it in a story.
Two men, both age 40, will die on the same day. First guy is Rob. Rob is married but cheats on his wife, abuses his wife and kids, is on drugs and alcohol and also steals from work. Rob hasn’t been to church in over 10 years. One Sunday morning, he feels guilty and sorry for what he’s been doing. He decided to go to church and confession. The Priest forgives him of all his sins. As he leaves the church, he is struck by a care and dies.
Second guy is Bill. Bill is also married and has kids. He has never cheated or abused his kids. Bill has been to church every Sunday in his life. He gives 10% of his salary to the church and is a model citizen. Bill also donates to other charitable organizations and is involved in the community. One Sunday morning, Bill decides he doesn’t want to go to church today. He isn’t sorry about it, just doesn’t really want to get out of bed and wants to relax. He goes out to get the newspaper and is struck by a car and dies.
So, because Rob confessed his sins. he is more likely to get to heaven than Bill is, even though Bill has been a better person than Rob is whole life.
Anyone?