Help, my former Landlady is after money!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GLam8833
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GLam8833

Guest
Hi, I recently moved to more affordable
housing, but my former landlady is wanting me
to pay for redoing my apartment, she said to
NOT smoke inside, since it is supposed to
be a non-smoking building, but I cannot enjoy
smoking outside and now she wants me to
pay, not only for the painting of the place but
said the floor surface is heavily damaged and need
major repairs, I don’t remember having spilled
anything on the floor. Please pray that it will
NOT go to court!!
 
†

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

†

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen.

†

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen.

†

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust, saying,
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations,
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts,
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me, and Thy grace alone can assist me,
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Thy tender love as Father and Savior,
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me,
Jesus, help me!

When sickness and loneliness overcome me,
Jesus, help me!

Always, in weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

†

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may always love You more.
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of You.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like Your Heart.

Amen.

†

Prayers said. All will be well. Do not fear, the Lord is protecting you.
Do not be lonely, your guardian angel is beside you.
Be comforted, Mother will watch over you, and the
Holy Spirit will guide you.

Amen.

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola


O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Amen.

†

**My Jesus,
I believe that You are
present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and
I desire to receive You into my soul.
**Since I cannot at this moment receive
You sacramentally, come at least spiritually
into my heart. I embrace You
as if You were already there and
unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated
from You.

Amen.

†
**
Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

† **

:signofcross:

:blessyou:
 
:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:
 
**Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.**
 
Please pray that it will
NOT go to court!!
Why? Are you praying that it not go to court because you are afraid that you will lose because you violated the terms of the lease?

Make good on what you spoiled.
 
she said to
NOT smoke inside, since it is supposed to
be a non-smoking building, but I cannot enjoy
smoking outside and now she wants me to
pay,
I pray that you will see the error of your ways and pay your landlord what you owe her for disregarding her terms.
 
she said to
NOT smoke inside, since it is supposed to
be a non-smoking building, but I cannot enjoy
smoking outside and now she wants me to
pay,
Sounds like you made this bed yourself. You have to sleep in it. Smoking ruins pretty much every surface in a home. I hope these people are praying that you pay your dues, not weasel out of your responsibilities.
 
Why? Are you praying that it not go to court because you are afraid that you will lose because you violated the terms of the lease?

Make good on what you spoiled.
This is unfair and inappropriate for the Prayer Intentions forum.

Glam, I pray that this turns out well for you.
 
Hi, I recently moved to more affordable
housing, but my former landlady is wanting me
to pay for redoing my apartment, she said to
NOT smoke inside, since it is supposed to
be a non-smoking building, but I cannot enjoy
smoking outside and now she wants me to
pay,
not only for the painting of the place but
said the floor surface is heavily damaged and need
major repairs, I don’t remember having spilled
anything on the floor. Please pray that it will
NOT go to court!!
This may be difficult to hear, but I’m hoping you can be open to looking at this situation from the perspective of the landlady.

I believe that you should do some soul searching before asking others to pray to ask God on your behalf to rescue you from the natural consequences of violating the parameters arranged and agreed with upon signing a lease agreement. Smokers usually don’t notice the impact their smoke has on the people and environment around them. When we were looking to buy a house about ten years ago, any house we entered belonging to smokers was evident even before we crossed the threshold. Even with a new coat of paint, the smoke permeates the floors, walls, window coverings, ceilings–everything. My mother keeps an immaculate home but the smell and irritants of stale smoke remain despite all the fabreeze and airing out.

My point is that it IS a big deal when smokers violate a no smoking policy. In order for your former landlady to rent out the unit you just vacated, she must do extensive work to make it habitable for the nonsmoking tenant for whom she’s seeking. You were informed of the nonsmoking policy upon moving in and if you signed a contract then you are legally ( and morally) bound. You chose to violate the agreement and the right thing to do is pay what you owe, including the flooring costs, which also absorb and retain smoke. Looking at it from the perspective of the landlady, she is faced with a home needing extensive work before she can even bring a potential tenant in to look at it; she’s losing money not only for the costs to undo the consequences of your smoking violations, but the time involved means several months of lost income that she has to cover until the unit is occupied again. It is only right for you to pay up and honor the rental agreement you signed. Just something for you to think about.

I wish you well & all the best, and I will definitely pray for your situation and that it can be resolved quickly. I truly hope it all works out for you. Hang in there; this too shall pass.
 
This is unfair and inappropriate for the Prayer Intentions forum.
I see…so if I posted that I’ve been cheating the Social Security System for years and asked for prayers that I will not be caught, you’d join right in???
 
Collecting social security under false pretenses is not unheard of, and hopefully, anyone who dares to do this should be caught.

I remember a case where a mother died. Her kids did not want to give up the social security check she received each month. (She lived with them.) They were caught because they kept her body up in the attic, and after a while, someone got suspicious.
 
I pray that you reach a fair settlement with the landlady and you not have to go to court. You should really pay her for the damage you did. Smoking is nasty and it really is hard to get the stench out after months of constant smoke.
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular GLam8833, and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

†
 
Sounds like you made this bed yourself. You have to sleep in it. Smoking ruins pretty much every surface in a home. I hope these people are praying that you pay your dues, not weasel out of your responsibilities.
Yes, I think you are RIGHT, but I never did anything
to the FLOOR of my apartment, she wants me to
pay for the repair of that, too!!
 
I’m sorry to say that you are in the wrong here, but I pray that you see your error and I pray for your disagreement with your landlady to be settled fairly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top