V
velvetsky
Guest
LUKE 2: 41-52 (Finding At The Temple)
“My Child, why have you done this to us? See how worried your Father and I have been, looking for you.”
“Why were you looking for me?” He replied, “Did you not know that I must be busy with my Father’s affairs?”
But they did not understand what he meant.
Hi There, please could you help me to understand the finding at the temple mystery. I think theres alot more to this that I’m not grasping…

“My Child, why have you done this to us? See how worried your Father and I have been, looking for you.”
“Why were you looking for me?” He replied, “Did you not know that I must be busy with my Father’s affairs?”
But they did not understand what he meant.
Hi There, please could you help me to understand the finding at the temple mystery. I think theres alot more to this that I’m not grasping…
- Although I completely understand why Mary and Joseph were very worried not knowing where Jesus was for three days why didn’t they understand Jesus’ reason…what I mean is, they knew He was the Son of God right, Mary had conceived Him through the Holy Spirit and even Joseph had had visions from Angel Gabriel so, well, why didn’t they understand his answer?
- “Why were you looking for me?..” This question kind of contradicts my first one but why did our Lord ask this. He honoured his parents and teaches us to do the same but I don’t really undertand why he asked them that when they would be looking for him.