S
SCGiants
Guest
Can. 916 A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition which includes the resolution of confessing as soon as possible.
Am I understanding this correctly that since I am in grave sin by being married civilly to a divorced woman that I/we cannot attend Mass? I know it seems pretty clear that the answer is NO but I’ve been told 3 different answers and nobody answered this in the ask the apologetic forum - please help.
I don’t want opinions - I want fact and if that is it is OK to celebrate Mass ( I know I cannot partake in Holy Communion) then where are you getting that from when the Cannon says I cannot celebrate Mass.
Thanks a ton!!
Am I understanding this correctly that since I am in grave sin by being married civilly to a divorced woman that I/we cannot attend Mass? I know it seems pretty clear that the answer is NO but I’ve been told 3 different answers and nobody answered this in the ask the apologetic forum - please help.
I don’t want opinions - I want fact and if that is it is OK to celebrate Mass ( I know I cannot partake in Holy Communion) then where are you getting that from when the Cannon says I cannot celebrate Mass.
Thanks a ton!!