T
ThePuppyTurtle
Guest
Okay, The Posts’s argument goes like this:
P1:
P3
P1 is probably true, I’ve seen other Protestants complaining about this.
P2 Seems true, According to Catholic teaching as I understand it, Christ is not sacrifice again at communion, rather, his sacrifice is made present.
P3 Seems most doubtful therefore.
Any Thoughts?
P1:
"Father John O’Brien, in his book, “The Faith of Millions”, writes:
P2 This quote is plainly wrong“When the priest announces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man. It is a power greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. The priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows his head in humble obedience to the priest’s command.”"
P3
C: The Church is plainly wrong.“… the Vatican DOES accept this book as being free from error and usable in teaching official RCC doctrine”
P1 is probably true, I’ve seen other Protestants complaining about this.
P2 Seems true, According to Catholic teaching as I understand it, Christ is not sacrifice again at communion, rather, his sacrifice is made present.
P3 Seems most doubtful therefore.
Any Thoughts?