Help, Response to Blasphemy

• Thread starter Thread starter Duke12VonFalkenburg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duke12VonFalkenburg

I received a message today from a family member and I am determined not to let the blasphemy go without a firm rebuke. Because I don’t find it funny but I am also at a loss for words.

It’s a picture with the captions

God: “Thou shall not covet they neighbor’s wife”

(Also God with Joseph’s wife)

It shows a picture of what looks like Mary laying down on her back…

yes I know it’s disgusting.

I’m sure that this picture is indication of his ignorance. At the same time it is coming from a person who I feel is slipping in their faith and is being influenced by unholy forces. He like Job lost a lot these past couple of years.

Responses that come to mind:
  1. Pray for him.
  2. Respond with, “This is a pretty bad one, please stop sending it around. How have you been?”

Just ask him not to send you anymore of that. Tell him you find it offensive.

If you are interested in maintaining a relationship with him, I wouldn’t recommend a lecture on the error of his ways. Of course, that is up to you.

Tell him it’s extremely offensive and in poor taste and ask that he stop sending you that garbage. If he keeps it up, block him.

Think about the motive behind it. If you reply in angry tones, maybe that is what he wanted all along. On the other hand, when you ignore such provocations, you deprive the perpetrator from their satisfaction. Remember some people are the devil’s instruments and the goal is to make you stumble and fall into sin.

Pray for him. Don’t give this the dignity of a reponse. Silence is the best weapon against this kind of attack.

Easy: "This is deeply offensive. I will say ‘please’ do not even send anything like this. Thank you.

Thanks everyone! I haven’t replied to him yet. He is my uncle and we are quite close. I was really shocked by the picture he sent. It was so random and I know he should know better and recognize it for the blasphemy that it is. However, I also suspect that his faith must be under attack. He is recently divorced and my grandfather passed away recently too and so he must be feeling that his whole world has fallen apart.

Since he is your uncle and appears to be having a bad time, I would be tempted to deal with it diplomatically by saying something like, “Oh dear… Whoever came up with that one really was scraping the bottom of the barrel.”

My suggestion:
First spend a while in prayer for him.
Then send a message asking him to not send you any more such images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back