K
KingdomSon
Guest
Greetings,
Trying to find information in regards to refutting the teaching that all believers will rise as “spirit beings” (non-bodily resurrection) vs the scriptural teaching in a “bodily resurrection” of all believers (Romans 8:11, 23).
I’m debating an individual who I believe is from the (former) Herbert W. Armstrong (Plain Truth) organization that teaches all believers will be “born again” as “spirit beings” at the resurrection and second coming of Jesus Christ, since “flesh and blood” cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
Is there any writing from the Church Fathers or others in regards to this unscriptural teaching?
Any help would be appreciated.
Kingdomson
Trying to find information in regards to refutting the teaching that all believers will rise as “spirit beings” (non-bodily resurrection) vs the scriptural teaching in a “bodily resurrection” of all believers (Romans 8:11, 23).
I’m debating an individual who I believe is from the (former) Herbert W. Armstrong (Plain Truth) organization that teaches all believers will be “born again” as “spirit beings” at the resurrection and second coming of Jesus Christ, since “flesh and blood” cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
Is there any writing from the Church Fathers or others in regards to this unscriptural teaching?
Any help would be appreciated.
Kingdomson