J
Jonni_Jeja
Guest
Hi, I wanted to know if some of you guys can help me. I have got myself into a debate on women Priests. (which I am not for by the way). It’s turned in to assorts of attacks against the Catholic faith. I know I should not of got myself into the debate but felt I had to defend my faith and did well but have now had a couple of things put to me which I don’t no how to answer for the best. Is there any verse in the Bible or CCC to help me answer?
These are the 2 things that were put to me.
“like unto”…interesting turn of phrase that.
Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and here is the link to the debate if your interested.
cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/05/catholic_women_priests_ordain.html
These are the 2 things that were put to me.
- @Jonni incorrect. god did not speak directly to the authors. for instance letters attributed to paul but not written by him were decided by the church to be the word of god. and in adding what their personality was thereby opened the door for error.
- @Jonni look into the gnostics, christians declared heretics by the orthodox church. why would god be a jealous god? if he is god then there is no other god so he should be jealous of who? the gnostics cosmology described “the creator” as not being god. that didn’t sit well with the orthodox church.
“like unto”…interesting turn of phrase that.
Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and here is the link to the debate if your interested.
cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/05/catholic_women_priests_ordain.html