Help with Matthew 18:20 compared to Matthew 28:20

  • Thread starter Thread starter SmokinBro
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmokinBro

Guest
Can anyone help me understand the difference between Matthew 18:20 and Matthew 28:20?

Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them”

Matthew 28:20 “And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age”

Is Christ always with us or only when two or three are gathered in His name?

Thanks!
 
Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them”

Is Christ always with us or only when two or three are gathered in His name?

Thanks!
Did Jesus say that? No he did not say “only”. What he said is what it is.
 
" I am with you always, even unto the end of the world". AMEN
 
Christ is present in his body the Church (the ecclesia).

Christ is present in his body and blood (the Eucharist).
 
The context of “two or three” is church discipline.

The context of “with you always” is the indwelling of Christ even until the end of the age.

Context is king.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top