Help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter willy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willy

Guest
I’m not sure if i posted this in the right section but this is the situation. I’m a University student in Toronto and for a course I am taking we are required to read “The Sacraments: The Word of God at the Mercy of the Body” by Louis-Marie Chauvet.What he says is nothing like anything i’ve heard of before. I can’t tell if some of the things or all he says is heretical. Has anyone read this or heard anything about htis book?? Some of the things he’s said has raised doubts/questions in my mind and has consequences i believe are contrary to the faith but i wanted someone else’s opinion. thanks for your help 🙂
 
Oh, Willy, I wish I could help you. I think you need the opinion of someone more likely to be familiar with this text than we are. Have you tried this question on the Ask An Apologist forum? One of the apologists might be able to give you some insight on the author or the text, or at least answer some of the questions you might have about the contents.

Have you googled this for reviews? You might get some help there, too.

Betsy
 
From what I have seen (from John Lilbourne’s links and Amazon reviews), it would appear that this book should be taken with a brick of salt. Both Amazon reviews note that it is a postmodern treatment of the subject in their first sentence. I would suggest noting where you think he is incorrect and doing some reading on those particular areas, for your own peace of mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top