L
LukesGirl
Guest
Hi,
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. He is a wonderful man, a devout Catholic, and I love him so much! Over the past couple of months he has told me a lot about how much he struggles with purity, and some of the addictions that he struggles with; including: porn, masturbation, impure thoughts. At first I was hurt, but I forgave and still forgive him with my whole heart! Even though he truly wants to do better, it is still such a struggle for him. My heart just bleeds to think about the struggles that he must go through.
My question is: What can I do? I love him so much and I just want to help him! I pray for him a lot, and I let him know how much I truly believe he can get through this…but I just want to help more! I would love to hear from the men here…but also women too, who have either struggled with these same things, or been in the same position. I just want to be able to help all men, and know what I can do to make their paths just a little easier. I would love to hear any and all ideas, but especially things that men have found specifically helpful coming from the women they love.
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. He is a wonderful man, a devout Catholic, and I love him so much! Over the past couple of months he has told me a lot about how much he struggles with purity, and some of the addictions that he struggles with; including: porn, masturbation, impure thoughts. At first I was hurt, but I forgave and still forgive him with my whole heart! Even though he truly wants to do better, it is still such a struggle for him. My heart just bleeds to think about the struggles that he must go through.
My question is: What can I do? I love him so much and I just want to help him! I pray for him a lot, and I let him know how much I truly believe he can get through this…but I just want to help more! I would love to hear from the men here…but also women too, who have either struggled with these same things, or been in the same position. I just want to be able to help all men, and know what I can do to make their paths just a little easier. I would love to hear any and all ideas, but especially things that men have found specifically helpful coming from the women they love.
