Hi

  • Thread starter Thread starter Breezy16
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Breezy16

Guest
This is the family section. I need help. I’m 18 and forever have been single. I go to community college and I don’t know why. My parents make me go even though I doubt I’ll ever leave home. I just want a part time job for extra money and pay a little rent. I lose the urge to go on. I ran into the forest preserve right next to my school and cried. I work hard and I deserve happiness. I want the love of a woman. I don’t even got no driver’s license and I ain’t gonna get it soon. I got so lonely and addicted that I got rid of my best friend because we were each other’s crutch. Please pray for me and God Bless Your’s!
 
Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
 
Life can seem overwhelming when we are young…so many changes ahead…and it can be unnerving. 🙂

At 18, many people are still single. Your parents are probably worried that you have no friends and no plans for a future when, as you mature, your aims may change.
They wish you to have and education so that you have freedom to choose a better life, or find a girl you wish to marry. At 18 we do not always know what lies ahead and how our attitudes will change as we grow older so it is best to have education.

You say that you want the love of a woman. Usually a girl won’t stay around if the relationship is just that she loves you. She would find someone who does want to ba an adult, and not always a dependent grown child. What you describe of what you want adds up to that…a dependent adult child who never leaves home.

If you wish to marry, just a little money for rent will not be enough. She is unlikely to want to live in your parents home, and parents have the right to their own home and life.
If there are children, who usually come with marriage, you will need enough money for all their needs. A girl is not likely to remain with you for long if you stay at home as you said you wish to. She will want to marry and have a secure future, and most likely children.
You do need to work at finishing your schooling, as otherwise you may find it difficult to get enough money to help support a family.

Parents don’t live forever so you may perhaps not always be able to live at home.
I had a nephew who didn’t want to work or leave home. He made this clear to everyone. He is now a father and has a good job as he completed his education.

We are not meant to be islands. Of course there is some mutual requirements and needs in our family relationships and in our friendships. It isn’t a bad thing. Even Jesus asked or accepted help sometimes. It wasn’t His fishes and barley loaves that He multiplied. They belonged to a boy. And when because of the beating He was unable to carry His cross for a while, He did not object when Simon of Cyrene carried it.

I think your parents are probably worried about you.
They want you to have a full and happy life, using your abilities as fully as possible, and having good friendships in your life.

May God bless you.
May God help you to do what is best for a good future in which you will fulfill all that God created you to fulfill, not just for your own sake, but for your family
 
Find a guidance counsellor at your college, to help you find direction. See if you can also get personal counselling, and get screened for depression and any other psychological issues caused by the stress you’re feeling. These counsellors are usually paid for as part of your tuition; sometimes, an annual trip to your guidance counsellor is even required before you can register for a second year. Make the most of those services, because you paid for them and you could use them. Try to find out why you were addicted to whatever it was you were addicted to, and get on the road to build your character. Also, see your pastor and look at whether you are making your choices to please God or to please yourself. Ask for guidance about your spiritual life.

When you have developed greater direction and more character, it is most probable that finding the company of women will become both easier and less urgent. It is no coincidence that those two tend to go together. Work on yourself first, then you’ll have something ready to offer the woman you fall in love with, both inside yourself and out. You’ll feel more confident, too, and you’ll make a better boyfriend. Do get to the school counsellor, though, because you sound very low. That can almost certainly get better, but help will often make that happen much faster.
 
This is the family section. I need help. I’m 18 and forever have been single. I go to community college and I don’t know why. My parents make me go even though I doubt I’ll ever leave home. I just want a part time job for extra money and pay a little rent. I lose the urge to go on. I ran into the forest preserve right next to my school and cried. I work hard and I deserve happiness. I want the love of a woman. I don’t even got no driver’s license and I ain’t gonna get it soon. I got so lonely and addicted that I got rid of my best friend because we were each other’s crutch. Please pray for me and God Bless Your’s!
My friend you need to man up and count your blessings. Your parents are letting you live at home. They are putting you through school! Do you even realize what a blessing that is? You are your crutch, not your friend. These negative feelings are coming from the fact that you feel you’re stuck in a rut. That life isn’t where you want it to be. Welcome to my world lol. We’re far from alone in here. Your parents love you and worry about you. Focus on school. Find something you want to do for the rest of your life and follow it. Don’t focus on finding love. Love finds you. Have faith that God will take care of you. He will. Think on these words of St. Augustine. “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top