Hired to photograph a lesbian wedding

  • Thread starter Thread starter GerardAubyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that as well…a bit frightening if it’s true…is he the highest authority in the Russian Orthodox Church?

At least Russia is not putting up with the homosexual agenda (I do not condone violence against homosexuals of course, just peaceful opposition.)
 
All went well, I spoke to my Bishop today. But long story short, I contacted her to say I had family plans that would conflict with the “wedding” and I said that I was sorry. I sent the deposit back and she said she understood and even asked for a recommendation which I provided. I now have a clear conscience and it feels great.
Had you forgotten about previous family plans or did they just come up after you booked?
 
jktobin:
All went well, I spoke to my Bishop today. But long story short, I contacted her to say I had family plans that would conflict with the “wedding” and I said that I was sorry. I sent the deposit back and she said she understood and even asked for a recommendation which I provided. I now have a clear conscience and it feels great.
Had you forgotten about previous family plans or did they just come up after you booked?
I would think that is none of your business and the OP should not reply to your question.

IF any issues arise and they decide to force you to do the job. I would do it but let them know that all money will be given to a charity that fights the LGBTQ agenda like lifesite news.
 
Last edited:
I don’t think photographing it is a sin at all. You aren’t endorsing it or applauding it…you are doing your job. Christians should treat everyone with respect, as you said, because that is what Jesus would do! I don’t know how you’d prevent this from happening again…because it seems out of your control
 
Last edited:
I don’t think photographing it is a sin at all. You aren’t endorsing it or applauding it…you are doing your job. Christians should treat everyone with respect, as you said, because that is what Jesus would do! I don’t know how you’d prevent this from happening again…because it seems out of your control
While I agree, it does seem from the responses on this thread from Catholics that there is not a consensus on this subject. Regardless, I’m at the same time just not sure that lying about other plans on the same date and then simply going to confession to clear one’s conscience would be the best way to handle a situation like this. To me that just sounds like purposely committing one sin to cover another sin if it is indeed a sin in the Catholic Church for a photographer to perform his or her job by photographing such an event. And now I certainly am not at all saying this was the case with the photographer in the OP. I just remember doing so was brought up earlier in the thread and that’s the only reason I comment on it. In any case I’m glad all worked out in this case and all parties seem at peace.
 
Last edited:
Glorify God in all that you do. Photos are images and we are asked to manifest the image God. Marriage is a sacrament and you are asked to make visible the unseen sacraments outward signs of God. As a photographer, you have an artistic license to Glorify God in subtle ways. I would work with them on your artistic philosophy and showcase your love of God to prepare them for the talents you bring to the table.

God is a perfect gentleman. He does not stop us from doing what is wrong, but rather allows us to fall and get up. To image God, we cannot get in the way of this couple who is possibly doing wrong ( hope you are not photographing the marital act ) … but we can leave images that may point and Glorify God as some bread crumbs to help them.
 
The photographer would be memorializing an immoral act, not unlike a porn photographer.
 
Last edited:
Regardless, I’m at the same time just not sure that lying about other plans on the same date
unless something really did come up. maybe not urgent but a duty that requires tending to
 
One may agree or disagree on whether it’s a sin, but memorializing gay “marriage” does not glorify God.
 
Ah, but the subliminal messages you could insert into their memories may be seeds that could bloom in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top