Historicity of the Prophets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abyssinia

Guest
What historical evidence is there for Abraham, Issac, Jacob and the Exodus?
 
Any extra biblical evidence?
It depends on how you define it. If you mean religious works outside the Bible, then yes, but they’re all Non-Canon Old Testament (AKA just as unreliable as the Bible) I believe some artifacts have been found in the right timeframe in locations suggesting the Exodus was a real event, but even this only leads us to the conclusion that a family or race from Mesopotamia was enslaved in Egypt, had their own religion, and eventually fled Egypt and took down Canaan, so the supernatural parts as well as the significance of Moses, Aaron, Joshua and Zipporah as persons are still up for speculation and debate. Even this evidence is highly speculative, however most historians take the Exodus as a real event to some extent, usually rejecting the supernatural parts (as many skeptics do with Jesus).

There’s sadly no evidence for any pre-Exodus stuff, except for a map inside a Synagogue suggesting Sodom and Gomorrah, and Lot’s resting place were real cities. I saw this on a documentary on archeology and the Bible, I’ll see if I can find a link to it for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top