T
TrueChurch
Guest
I recently saw a documentary with that same title and I also did some research on it and many scholars and archeologist agree with it. Basically it said that Yahweh was originally a god developed by the Canaanites, and that there were certain groups of people who worshiped him. Eventually a group of people known as the Israelite rose up internally and peacefully among the Canaanites and adopted Yahweh as their national god and started combining him with another Canaanite god knows as El and still worshiping gods alongside the worship of Yahweh. Eventually the Assyrians conquered them and had a belief that, though there were still many gods, there was one god who had ultimate power over them and only he was to be worshiped. A group of Israelites wanted to show their national pride against this by saying that their national god Yahweh was the actual fully powerful god and that all other gods were weak. They went on to invent the story’s of Moses and Abraham and the stuff about the Judges to show that Yahweh was the most powerful god. Or if they did exist they probably held to the same belief the Isrealites had first held but the group of Isrealites changed their storys. Eventually prophets like Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and others had started to preach monotheism to the Israelites and that Yahweh was the only god. The belief of monotheism was influenced upon them even more by the Persian Zoroastrians who were monotheist. A few decades after their release from captivity monotheism was made an official position among the Jews…
I really don’t know how to respond to this. I am not Catholic scholar so I need help trying to refute this stuff. Any help here?
I really don’t know how to respond to this. I am not Catholic scholar so I need help trying to refute this stuff. Any help here?