Holding the rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary in other

• Thread starter Thread starter sorrowful1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sorrowful1

Lately, I just started holding the rosary while doing other prayers such as that for Saint Joseph, and Stations of the Cross. And then, I had this dream of someone angrily breaking my rosary with the beads scattering everywhere.

I’ve stopped being bothered by dreams; but this dream kind of made me rethink of the propriety of holding the holy rosary in other prayers. Is it even appropriate to do so? ( I feel strengthened holding it even when I’m not doing the Holy rosary).

Last edited:
I cannot see the harm, especially if it helps you focus on your prayers.

@Xarto Thank you, I can pray with ease now but surely, the dream of my rosary being broken by someone doesn’t have any “indication?”

Last edited:
I sometimes hold my rosary while praying other prayers. If I do this, I am usually holding the crucifix part of the rosary.

If it has any significance, its maybe that the “bold fella” doesn’t want you to pray with the rosary. Remember St Padre Pio called the rosary his weapon, I would continue to pray with it and draw strength from it (but remember to pray the rosary too). God bless.

“Bold fella” 😂

I’ve this bad habit of jumping to a conclusion that if anything happens with stuffs (like the rosary) in my dreams, they’re a signal to something bad in my life or that, God isn’t accepting my prayers. I’m slowly “transitioning” into one who isn’t troubled my mere dreams like this.

Thank you anyway. I’ll continue with my usual prayers (and of course, I’ll do the rosary prayers too!)

Last edited:
I don’t out much store in dreams myself, could be the curry repeating, tail end of a conversation or a bit of a movie or song that got stuck in your head and the brain is trying to make sense of. Regarding the outcome of prayers, I always try to remember that Jesus said “Thy will be done”, that He knows what we need better than we do.

There was a tradition in Ireland, which like everything is dying out that you never call the devil by his name, silly but I always liked it. ☺️

Last edited:
@po18guy Sorry, what is sacramental? This dumb couldn’t get what you are referring to as sacramental?

Last edited:
Catechism of the Catholic Church
1677 Sacramentals are sacred signs instituted by the Church. They prepare men to receive the fruit of the sacraments and sanctify different circumstances of life.
1678 Among the sacramentals blessings occupy an important place. They include both praise of God for his works and gifts, and the Church’s intercession for men that they may be able to use God’s gifts according to the spirit of the Gospel.
1679 In addition to the liturgy, Christian life is nourished by various forms of popular piety, rooted in the different cultures. While carefully clarifying them in the light of faith, the Church fosters the forms of popular piety that express an evangelical instinct and a human wisdom and that enrich Christian life.
There are many sacramentals. These include the Sign of the Cross, Holy Water, Rosary beads, Scapular, Medals, Icons/Images/Statues, Incense, Crucifix, Blessings, Candles, Ashes, and many more.

You can read more here.

Last edited:
@GioG12 Thank you so much!!! Much appreciation. think I still have so many things to learn!

I also see not problems with hold one,
But holding one or praying one during Mass is not right, Mass is all about God and
the sacrifice the Jesus made for us. You have much more to focus on in church during Mass.

A sacramental is a blessed item that leads us to the sacraments.

(Rosary, medals, holy water, etc.)

I don’t know how that repetition happened. I only responded once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back