A
Abisko
Guest
I really like this novena but I’m trying to understand it more. Any prayed this novena? What are your experiences like?
I have a question regarding this novena, do you ask for an intention before starting this novena or during each of the prayers in the novena? For example here are two from the novena, do you ask for something after saying them or you just say these prayers and ask for petitions before starting the novena.
-O powerful St. Joseph, you were proclaimed the Patron of the Universal Church, therefore, I invoke you, above all the other saints, as the greatest protector of the afflicted, and I offer countless blessings to your most generous heart, always ready to help in any need. To you, O Glorious St. Joseph, come the widows, the orphans, the abandoned, the afflicted and the oppressed. There is no sorrow, heartache or anguish which you have not consoled, Deign, I beseech you, to use on my behalf those gifts which God has given you, until I, too, shall be granted the answer to my petition.(Here we ask for petition or before this prayer or do we don’t ask for anything here?)
-Remember, O chaste spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, my good protector St. Joseph, that never was it known that anyone who came to your protection, and sought your intercession was left unaided. Confidently I prostrate myself before you and fervently beg for your powerful intervention. O foster-father of our dear Redeemer, despite not my petition, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen. (Here do we ask for that petition?)
I have a question regarding this novena, do you ask for an intention before starting this novena or during each of the prayers in the novena? For example here are two from the novena, do you ask for something after saying them or you just say these prayers and ask for petitions before starting the novena.
-O powerful St. Joseph, you were proclaimed the Patron of the Universal Church, therefore, I invoke you, above all the other saints, as the greatest protector of the afflicted, and I offer countless blessings to your most generous heart, always ready to help in any need. To you, O Glorious St. Joseph, come the widows, the orphans, the abandoned, the afflicted and the oppressed. There is no sorrow, heartache or anguish which you have not consoled, Deign, I beseech you, to use on my behalf those gifts which God has given you, until I, too, shall be granted the answer to my petition.(Here we ask for petition or before this prayer or do we don’t ask for anything here?)
-Remember, O chaste spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, my good protector St. Joseph, that never was it known that anyone who came to your protection, and sought your intercession was left unaided. Confidently I prostrate myself before you and fervently beg for your powerful intervention. O foster-father of our dear Redeemer, despite not my petition, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen. (Here do we ask for that petition?)