G
GloriousOrder
Guest
Friends
,
I am wondering if the Rite of Mass requires the priest to say “Holy Spirit” in reference to the third Person of the Blessed Trinity. May priests say “Holy Ghost”, in accordance with older references to the Spirit of God? If so: is permission required? If not: why not? I hear ‘traditionalist’ priests begin and end their homilies with “In the name of … the Holy Ghost. Amen”, even in modern Extraordinary Form Masses (excuse me).
My own preference is for the older form, but if (say) I were to become a priest and said the 1969 Rite of Mass, I would gladly say “Holy Spirit”, if it is absolutely required.
I am wondering if the Rite of Mass requires the priest to say “Holy Spirit” in reference to the third Person of the Blessed Trinity. May priests say “Holy Ghost”, in accordance with older references to the Spirit of God? If so: is permission required? If not: why not? I hear ‘traditionalist’ priests begin and end their homilies with “In the name of … the Holy Ghost. Amen”, even in modern Extraordinary Form Masses (excuse me).
My own preference is for the older form, but if (say) I were to become a priest and said the 1969 Rite of Mass, I would gladly say “Holy Spirit”, if it is absolutely required.