Homeopathy = Placebo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cracker_Mom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemme clarify if I may.

X Scale C Scale Ratio Note
1X — 1:10 described as low potency
2X 1C 1:100 called higher potency than 1X by homeopaths
6X 3C 10-6
8X 4C 10-8 allowable concentration of arsenic in US drinking water[72]
12X 6C 10-12
24X 12C 10-24 Has a 60% probability of containing one molecule of original material if one mole of the original substance was used.

So, in a 2x formula it’s a 1:100 ratio. ONE PART of the active ingredient per 100 of water, lactose, whatever the base is.

If you take vitamins you are taking zinc at a much higher concentration than these remedies. Would anyone bother taking one one hundredth of a vitamin?

Look, I’m not an un-crunchy person:p. I do myself partake of herbal and many home remedies. I do not run to the medicine cabinet at the first sign of illness. I am sympathetic to the idea of being as ‘natural’ as possible and doing no harm.

here is something to consider

Would he have rejected the microscope? And the germ theory of disease, microbiology and chemistry. Hmmmm. We know better now because we can SEE that his disease theories were wrong.

And when his patients had diseases that he couldn’t ‘cure’ he came up with another explanation for it, basically saying that here was something inherently wrong with the persons ‘life force’

Thing is, homeopathy is not that old at all. It’s not akin to ancient healing practices or potent herbal tinctures, it’s a vitalist theory that some dude came up with in the 1700’s. From the beginning, his theories were rejected and criticized. His idea was that if ingesting a certain bark produced the same symptoms as malaria, then that bark in a very diluted form would cure malaria.

I have a headache now…wonder if Hanneman can help me?:p:D
So, obviously, hit yourself in the head with a teeny tiny hammer…😃
 
Lemme clarify if I may.

X Scale C Scale Ratio Note
1X — 1:10 described as low potency
2X 1C 1:100 called higher potency than 1X by homeopaths
6X 3C 10-6
8X 4C 10-8 allowable concentration of arsenic in US drinking water[72]
12X 6C 10-12
24X 12C 10-24 Has a 60% probability of containing one molecule of original material if one mole of the original substance was used.

So, in a 2x formula it’s a 1:100 ratio. ONE PART of the active ingredient per 100 of water, lactose, whatever the base is.

If you take vitamins you are taking zinc at a much higher concentration than these remedies. Would anyone bother taking one one hundredth of a vitamin?

Look, I’m not an un-crunchy person:p. I do myself partake of herbal and many home remedies. I do not run to the medicine cabinet at the first sign of illness. I am sympathetic to the idea of being as ‘natural’ as possible and doing no harm.

here is something to consider

Would he have rejected the microscope? And the germ theory of disease, microbiology and chemistry. Hmmmm. We know better now because we can SEE that his disease theories were wrong.

And when his patients had diseases that he couldn’t ‘cure’ he came up with another explanation for it, basically saying that here was something inherently wrong with the persons ‘life force’

Thing is, homeopathy is not that old at all. It’s not akin to ancient healing practices or potent herbal tinctures, it’s a vitalist theory that some dude came up with in the 1700’s. From the beginning, his theories were rejected and criticized. His idea was that if ingesting a certain bark produced the same symptoms as malaria, then that bark in a very diluted form would cure malaria.

I have a headache now…wonder if Hanneman can help me?:p:D
Yup, it’s fairy tale stuff at best.Amazing the Food & Drug folks in Washington continue to let this foolishness be grandfathered in.🤷
 
So, obviously, hit yourself in the head with a teeny tiny hammer…😃
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
LOL! That’s hilarious on so many levels!! Not the least of which is the picture of someone hitting themselves on the head with a teeny tiny hammer!!! hhahahahahah
 
Wow, very old thread.

Given: Homeopathic remedies are not based on any scientifically detectable amount of the substance, but on the “vital energy” or “force” or something.

These remedies are made by systematically diluting then shaking (dynamization?).

The practitioners can only claim the “energy”. They even have machines now where they can take an old dropper bottle from years ago with water or dilute alcohol, put the little bottle in the machine, push a few buttons, and give you your “remedy”. The machine “energizes” the water with the prescribed remedy.

Ahem.

So, given the nature of this “cure”, and the previous comments that it isn’t entirely placebo because babies respond to Hyland’s teething tabs, should we use it?

I have used the teething tabs for my kids. I am now reconsidering based on the idea that the “cure” is in the realm God warned about.

Thoughts?
 
So, given the nature of this “cure”, and the previous comments that it isn’t entirely placebo because babies respond to Hyland’s teething tabs, should we use it?

I have used the teething tabs for my kids. I am now reconsidering based on the idea that the “cure” is in the realm God warned about.
I don’t have any specific knowledge regarding these teething tabs, but let me warn you: not all medicines advertised as “homeopathic” are actually homeopathic. Some of them actually contain active ingredients. Essentially, drug manufacturers can label anything (that doesn’t contain regulated substances) as “homeopathic medicine” and get around FDA regulation, because the FDA doesn’t regulate homeopathic products.

So, this means that you would be giving your baby a medicine with unknown, possibly uncontrolled, quantities of active ingredients, that has never been tested or regulated by the FDA. I would stay away from it. Do NOT assume that it’s safe because the drugstore sells it. The drugstore just wants to make money.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top