J
JayLynn
Guest
I am feeling overwhelmed and I haven’t even started yet, sigh. This will be my first year homeschooling and I’m getting worried.
I started off all enthusiastic and the kids were too, but the last couple of days haven’t gone so well. I plan to start the official school year next week, but I tried out a couple trial days to see how we’d do. All I wanted the kids to do was a tiny bit of math and it was like pulling teeth. One child was crying in frusteration and the other one was so unmotivated even though math is his favorite subject. I had to keep prodding him to complete every single question.
I also am the type of person that craves quiet time and with five children home all day in our small home, things get really noisy and I go crazy! How am I going to get through the whole year? Another huge problem we have is fighting! I try my best to get the kids to stop fighting, but have had no success. They just can’t seem to get along, especially my two middle sons. Is being home together all day going to make things worse?
I’m also feeling somewhat pressured to succeed since my husband has jumped into the whole homeschooling thing with both feet and told everyone we know that this will be a long term plan, even though I’d prefer to take things slowly one year at a time. The panic is setting in, what if I fail? What if I hate it? Did I do the right thing pulling the kids out of a perfectly good school that I really didn’t have any complaints about?
I started off all enthusiastic and the kids were too, but the last couple of days haven’t gone so well. I plan to start the official school year next week, but I tried out a couple trial days to see how we’d do. All I wanted the kids to do was a tiny bit of math and it was like pulling teeth. One child was crying in frusteration and the other one was so unmotivated even though math is his favorite subject. I had to keep prodding him to complete every single question.
I also am the type of person that craves quiet time and with five children home all day in our small home, things get really noisy and I go crazy! How am I going to get through the whole year? Another huge problem we have is fighting! I try my best to get the kids to stop fighting, but have had no success. They just can’t seem to get along, especially my two middle sons. Is being home together all day going to make things worse?
I’m also feeling somewhat pressured to succeed since my husband has jumped into the whole homeschooling thing with both feet and told everyone we know that this will be a long term plan, even though I’d prefer to take things slowly one year at a time. The panic is setting in, what if I fail? What if I hate it? Did I do the right thing pulling the kids out of a perfectly good school that I really didn’t have any complaints about?