C
CDNowak
Guest
On the bolded portion above: we do have something in common then. I have repeatedly said that any change should be done in such a way that would minimize the disorder. I have supported a number of plans that are not my ideal, and proposed controls that are go beyond what I would desire. I don’t expect the radical extreme (although I find that at least as workable as the current system), I expect compromise but then, I want to put substance to the concept.Yes and no. You seem to be under the impression that bishops, priests, and numerous diocese have been just making up programs and guidelines for no apparent reason. There’s a rhyme and reason to why things are done the way they are. While there’s always room for improvement that doesn’t mean we need to blow up the whole system.
And BTW, while I’m sure you both think that your plan is brilliant, I’m sure each of the 1800 families of my parish each have their own brilliant plan as to how they would run things if they could.
I’m not so sure about that.
This is what you don’t seem to understand. You want a world where everyone thinks exactly like you do, the world doesn’t work like that. The idea of a pass/fail test to receive a sacrament is fraught with issues and problems that you can’t even imagine.
The problem is that not everyone wants to cooperate with the bishop or diocese.
You’re only seeing what you want to see. I did not deride HS’ers as a group. I was pointing out was the even public school kids technically have the right to skip the entire ccd program and thus this debate entails more than just a minority group of HS’ers.
This is going in circles…
I can imagine problems with test or interview processes, that is why I said that the entire system for HS’ing RE would have to be worked out ahead of time, in consultation with the pastor and approved by the bishop. This limits the priest’s liability, the parents’ desire (and ability) to fight the pastor and diocese, and everyone’s headaches.
You are insisting, like a certain politician, that you have the high ground of compromise, without putting substance to it. Unlike the current political situation, however, HS’ers are contributing ideas on how to make things work that involve compromise from their side.