S
sadie66
Guest
I am looking for advice from homeschooling parents. I have 5 children, two have gone through Catholic school up to 8th grade then public school. The younger 3 are still at Catholic school. I am considering homeschooling, not because I am unhappy with the Catholic school, but because I think that I can better educate them at home (since they would receive one-on-one education) and that there are more opportunities with the materials and courses that charter schools offer. I am also fairly unhappy with the indoctrination at the public H.S. and the overall secular, immoral environment. This is unchartered territory for me and I have ordered Kimberly Hahn’s homeschooling book. The trouble is, convincing my husband and kids to be open to the idea. He is mainly worried about socialization and the ‘school experience’.
Another issue, if we do this, there will be no going back because I will have to quit my job (part time) and would no longer be able to afford Catholic school if we changed our minds!!
Any advice?
Another issue, if we do this, there will be no going back because I will have to quit my job (part time) and would no longer be able to afford Catholic school if we changed our minds!!
Any advice?